From the stupid criminals file

HA I got ya beat. I do a lot of criminal defense work. Over the years I have become good friends with a good number of Local LEOs and have represented them too ( no not in criminal matters) on very good friend inparticular was an over confident young upstart who's butt I tanned in our first hearing. Being friends I didn't let him forget it and he was just waiting for the chance to nail me.

Well this cop is our local Alan Fundt, he does all the hidden video on drug buys etc. So I'm in court one day when I used to do some PD work and my guy was nailed in an undercover buy. My friend had set up the video recorders. Now my friend who is very good at what he does rigged a micro camera to the jacket of the guy in the car rolling up to make a drug by. The video ( shy of the CI is pretty much the only evidence that my guy sold the dope) Problem is this camera was rigged very badly. It only caught the dealer from the shoulders to the waist. NO FACE SHOTs.

So the Judge says I can't tell who this is it dosent show me anything all I have is a torso. At which my client sitting right next to me at counsel table and whom I have advised about 20 times to keep his mouth shut does what?

He says " OH THATS ME THATS THE SWEATER MY AUNT GOT ME FOR CHIRSTMAS"

What a freakin moron. My friend and I stil laugh about it to this day.

Lisa's story about the girl that tried to force her to smoke a joint in a bar ladies room is pretty funny to.

AdamZ said:
He says " OH THATS ME THATS THE SWEATER MY AUNT GOT ME FOR CHIRSTMAS"

Love it!!

I had a guy working for me over in the UK in the early 1980's. This is the time of lots of IRA bombings, the Red Army faction, etc. We are all trained to be on the look out for suspicious things. Well this guy goes into a take out restaurant and orders a meal. He has a briefcase with all kinds of stickers on it and he sets it down to pay the counter person and grabs his food. But on the way out he forgets the brief case. The counter person notices a few minutes later this lone brief case that belongs to no one in the restaurant, she alerts the authorities and evacuates the restaurant.

My worker hears the commotion of the police and stays around to watch as the streets are cordoned off and the bomb squad comes to investigate. After much to do a police officer from the bomb squad goes in full anti-bomb gear to remove the brief case and put into the bomb disposal tank. You know those big ones where they will blow stuff up to make sure it is not a bomb.

Well when my worker sees the officer carrying out HIS brief case he panics. Now I ask you, what is the wrong thing to say at this time? That's right my worker screams "hey that's my briefcase".

He is tackled and handcuffed and hauled away. He called me later that night to come get him out of jail.

Now, if they weren't stupid, would they be criminals?:dunno:
Can't say I've ever known an itelligent criminal.

kevin47881 said:
Now, if they weren't stupid, would they be criminals?:dunno:
Can't say I've ever known an itelligent criminal.

It's always amazed me how itelligent some of them can be. If they put all that time and energy into something legit, they'd be running a Fortune 500 company! Especially the guys who do the frauds.

Last edited:
When I was still on patrol, we were flagged down by some folks that said they could hear someone yelling for help on the top of one of the county buildings (a former grocery store, converted to offices). Sure enough, I could hear it, too.

My partner wouldn't go up, so I climbed on up the sloping metal roof to the flat section. There, in the hole created when he took the mushroom/fan/vent off, was ol' "lee lee". He was trying to break into the building when he got stuck. I called for help from rescue, and grabbed him to pull upwards, to relieve some of the pressure off his chest (so he could breathe). I looked at his situation:
1. his left arm was trapped between two joists at the edge of the hole, one joist was up in his armpit, and he's just hanging from that arm/shoulder.
2. Looking down, it's about a 20' drop onto effectively a concrete floor.
3. About 8' below him, and lined up perfectly between his legs so that he would have straddled it had he dropped, was a 2.5" plumbing pipe.
4. He was carrying a flashlight, a screwdriver and a beer.

I looked at him and said, "you didn't really think this all the way through before you hopped on in there, did you Lee Lee?"

He only moaned . . .

This one just happened today. Guy and girlfriend living together. Girlfriend orders Pizza. Pizza delivery man shows up at thier residence with pizza and rings bell. Boy friend answers and hold toy gun upto delivery guys face and robs him then tells him to run. Boyfriend closes door to residence. Oh by the way the boyfriend and pizza delivery guy knew eachother from High School.

ausrere said:
If they put all that time and energy into something legit, they'd be running a Fortune 500 company! Especially the guys who do the frauds.

What are you talking about? Those ARE the guys running Fortune 500 companies! :rofl:

flyingcheesehead said:
What are you talking about? Those ARE the guys running Fortune 500 companies! :rofl:

Good point. lol :yes:

Most of the frauds I deal with have to do with prescription drugs.. and the occasional insurance fraud. It really does surprise me how much thought and energy those guys put into the planning and execution of their crimes. Some very smart guys/gals. It's a shame they can't put that intelligence to good use.

Last edited:
ausrere said:
It's always amazed me how itelligent some of them can be. If they put all that time and energy into something legit, they'd be running a Fortune 500 company! Especially the guys who do the frauds.
They DO run Fortune 500 companies. Especially the guys who do the frauds.

ausrere said:
It really does surprise me how much thought and energy those guys put into the planning and execution of their crimes. Some very smart guys/gals. It's a shame they can't put that intelligence to good use.
That's something I've always wondered about. My guess is that they just get off on ripping people off. If you have the smarts and the work ethic, why risk going to jail for fraud when you could probably be just as successful in a legitimate endeavor.

ausrere said:
It really does surprise me how much thought and energy those guys put into the planning and execution of their crimes. Some very smart guys/gals. It's a shame they can't put that intelligence to good use.

Intelligence and morality are two different things. I've known some very intelligent people that I trusted as far as I could toss them, and some comparatively slow folks that I would trust with my life.

Back