Friend requests?

John Baker

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John Baker
Can anyone explain this "friend" thing to me. I just had another member send a "friend" request. Naturally I answered in the affirmative, but I really have no clue what it is all about or why it is there.

So now, after all these years I have three friends, now what?

-John

Great. Now I have that "you've got a friend" song stuck in my head. :rofl:

Can anyone explain this "friend" thing to me. I just had another member send a "friend" request. Naturally I answered in the affirmative, but I really have no clue what it is all about or why it is there.

So now, after all these years I have three friends, now what?

-John

As far as I can tell it is...

1. A way for POA to pretend to be like Facebook.
2. An ego thing for folks that feel they need to gather friends.

Other than that, it seems pretty much useless.

It is an old feature of vBulletin that isn't POA management's fault and that no one really understands.

We're not pretending to be like anything. It's a vB feature that we've never bothered to disable. It doesn't hurt anything and people sometimes like to use it.

It is an old feature of vBulletin that isn't POA management's fault and that no one really understands.
:yeahthat:

We aren't Facebook? Oh noZ!

It doesn't seem to do anything in particular.

It doesn't seem to do anything in particular.

It does a few things. For instance, it'll mark your friends in the "Currently Active Users" section of the front page. I'm "friends" with Spike and Troy, so you'll see that in this listing (indicated with the '+' sign).

I can't remember all of the others off the top of my head. Nothing important, really. Just a few little things here and there.

Attachments

• poafriends.png
    poafriends.png
    319.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
We aren't Facebook? Oh noZ!

OMG! Cooked pot roast tonight, it was so delicous.
04-Cooked-Pot-Roast-in-a-Crock-Pot.jpg

I don't have any kids, but if I did,I'd post pictures of them doing stuff very uninteresting and rant about it.

year%20-3-1.jpg

And I'd probably post a picture of some clothes someone gave them.

sw207.jpg

I made these cute tumblers, message me to order some.

dotted-tumblers.jpg

Happy now?

Bart,

You forgot...

"I have no compassion for my fellow man, but rescue these kittehs! They're cuter than those smelly homeless people! OMGWTFBBQ!"

eje9yzav.jpg

It does a few things. For instance, it'll mark your friends in the "Currently Active Users" section of the front page. I'm "friends" with Spike and Troy, so you'll see that in this listing (indicated with the '+' sign).

Wow ! The sophistication !

20,000 coyotes can't be wrong...:D

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on the proliferation of rabbits in the back yard since the dog passed on.

Something is going to come eat them sooner or later.

But for now, they're boldly eating everything in sight and pretty tame.

Bart,

You forgot...

"I have no compassion for my fellow man, but rescue these kittehs! They're cuter than those smelly homeless people! OMGWTFBBQ!"

eje9yzav.jpg

Dogs too. Cloud Nine's aircraft is down in need of an overhaul. If all my real friends were to donate $10.00 each, Cloud Nine would get like, oh, nevermind.

I think there used to be a reputation system or something here too...whatever happened to that?

I think there used to be a reputation system or something here too...whatever happened to that?

it caused a lot of butthurt and was a headache for the mods so it went away

Back