French Valley f70

Luvrv8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KCMA flyer
I have to make a flight from Camarillo to French Valley to shuttle family to see a family member who may not make it to Sunday. Looks like I might be flying daily there. Doing my flight research I can't find transit parking for my plane for 4 hours during the day. Can someone please give me a heads up on where to park.

If you read the comments on Airnav, it says there is parking in front of the cafe.

Thanks, I missed it. I have looked at a ton of info and missed it. Thanks again.

There is parking out in front of the restaurant. I have tied down for the night there. Don

There is so much ramp space unused at F70 you could land a fleet of 747's and have room to park . . .

But transient is in front of the cafe and if that is full, just park further north along the ramp and walk to the cafe. Have your people meet you at the cafe or the terminal - essentially the same building - you'll see what I mean the first time you fly there.

As for route? CMA VNY DARTS V186 PDZ F70 - something along that will work and keep you out of most of the airspaces - just be talking to SoCal around ONT if you are at 6500/5500 -

I was planing two ways, one like you wrote up and another going over LAX via special flight rules, over the top of John Wayne etc.

As said plenty of parking infront of cafe

I would head east outta camarillo hugging the mountains above I-210. Turn SE around KPOC and head direct to french valley. You can maintain a decemt altitude and stay clear of class Bravo. Stay above 5000 and you wont have to talk to anyone

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, after looking at the sectional and LAX TAC my flight plan will be the LAX special VFR route over LAX, then climb to 5500 over the coast line to just past the John Wayne airspace. It's then recommended to turn east at or above 4500 to Lake Elsinore, then south to French Valley. Who said LAX Brovo is hard to navigate. The TAC spells it out for you.

Thanks for the replies, after looking at the sectional and LAX TAC my flight plan will be the LAX special VFR route over LAX, then climb to 5500 over the coast line to just past the John Wayne airspace. It's then recommended to turn east at or above 4500 to Lake Elsinore, then south to French Valley. Who said LAX Brovo is hard to navigate. The TAC spells it out for you.

Two routs to consider...

GINNA > VNY > ADAMM > TIFNI > PDZ > NIKKL > F70

Or

GINNA > LAX Mini Route via V23 > SLI > F70

Did this the other day to Corona

Back