Free Parking at KVNY for 94th Aero?

Elliott

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Elliott
Hi there,

Planning to visit Van Nuys this weekend to have lunch at the 94th Aero Squadron. Does anyone know if you can park at the transient ramp in front of the Airtel even if you aren't staying there? All the other FBOs have pretty steep ramp fees for light singles!

Thanks for any and all advice!

Elliott

First post....

Welcome to POA....

I am not sure how it works in California... But 35 years ago when I first got my PPL, there was a 94th Aero in Herndon , now Orlando General ???..

The restaurant had a gate from GA parking and a path that led straight to the hostess's desk in the lobby..... There was another exit in the lounge /restaurant that led back to the GA ramp.....

Oh, those were the good ol days....:yes::yes:....

Haha thanks for the welcome! Yeah I looked at Van Nuys and doesn't appear to be any parking for GA out front.

I've heard about being able to park at the airtel, but only if you're eating there. Dunno how well they police that though.

Maybe call them? They are interested in promoting their place, if they can find parking all the better.

Maybe call them? They are interested in promoting their place, if they can find parking all the better.

Haha yeah called the 94th and they sounded a bit confused but suggested the Airtel after they checked with someone. We shall see!

Thanks for the help everyone - good to have found a forum like PFA!

Haha yeah called the 94th and they sounded a bit confused but suggested the Airtel after they checked with someone. We shall see!

Thanks for the help everyone - good to have found a forum like PFA!

Have fun, good luck out there.

What's PFA? ;)

Jus razzin ya. Know what you meant.

Have fun, good luck out there.

What's PFA? ;)

Jus razzin ya. Know what you meant.

HA! My mistake. Pilots for America must be the patriotic sister site to Pilots of America.

Back