Free FTP client for Firefox

alaskaflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Alaskaflyer
For those of you who use Firefox and manage a home web space or server space, I came across this a couple days ago and really like it. It is a FTP client that resides within Firefox. Once you install it you can access it through the FF browser "tools" menu, where a ftp window will open in a new tab. On the right top corner of the tab window will be a "tools" menu where you can configure it however you wish (default directories, viewing preferences etc.) I like this much better than the standalone FTP client I was using.

Throw the guy 5 bucks via paypal if you like it, seems as though it goes to a good cause.

http://fireftp.mozdev.org/

That's pretty handy, though I must confess to liking old-fashioned command-line FTP, too...

Rich

I'm also looking into the world of free online storage as well. The ftp client is great, but my ISP only gives me 10mb of free storage space.

So far I've looked at Xdrive, Box.net and a handy Firefox client tool very similar to the one above that lets you store files on your Gmail account server space. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. I'm looking for:

1. Direct linking
2. Backup utility
3. Web-based access either as primary or for access from another computer
3. Password-protected sharing, though I doubt any >free< application offers this one.

The Gmail client is a great idea and has a slick interface but doesn't allow for direct linking and is clunky for any real world uses.

I already use Google Docs for Office-type files.

Last edited:
Back