Fox audio during super bowl

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Am I the only one having trouble hearing the announcers? Seems like Fox has the crowd mics turned up way to high, and not enough gain on the announcers' mics.

I can hear them just fine, weird. Oh, and by the way, GO GIANTS!

Yeah, well when you are sleep in your bed tonight....think of us unfortunate ones flying home after the game on the back side of the clock. :)

ABNY! :D

Let_Me_Play.gif

(Anybody but New York)

Am I the only one having trouble hearing the announcers? Seems like Fox has the crowd mics turned up way to high, and not enough gain on the announcers' mics.

I always have that problem, like on the Today show. They have the background music up so high you can't hear the dialog.

Then I realized I have an "expand audio" setting on the TV....gotta check that.

I always have that problem, like on the Today show. They have the background music up so high you can't hear the dialog.

Then I realized I have an "expand audio" setting on the TV....gotta check that.

Good call. Surround sound was on. (Where's the "duh" smilie?)

I'm sure Fox will be happy (not!) to know I never could hear a single word of any of their chaotic Daytona NASCAR promos. Hey, the airtime is worth only how many $1Ms per minute?

I gotta find the remote to turn off the enhanced sound.

FYI, I put new batteries in the TV remote (which I never use) and toggled the "Live effects" button. No difference.

I do think they have the sound optimized for Dolby 5.1 digital surround so those of us with mere stereo hear the back channels way too loud up front, and the center channel way too low. So the dialog gets drowned out.

I am getting so fed up with routine TV just not working.

Was there a football game on TV yesterday? :dunno: I was out flying till almost dark. Then we watched "The Lake House" which kept me confused, but made me cry anyway. But, anyway, the sound wasn't bad, even if the music wasn't too good.

The Patriots lost! Oh the humanity!
Crying_Smiley.gif

Was there a football game on TV yesterday? :dunno: I was out flying till almost dark. Then we watched "The Lake House" which kept me confused, but made me cry anyway. But, anyway, the sound wasn't bad, even if the music wasn't too good.
That's not a movie you want to get in on the middle of. I should have marked another showing to watch later so my brain would be less taxed. Great movie, though!

...That's not a movie you want to get in on the middle of. I should have marked another showing to watch later so my brain would be less taxed. Great movie, though!

Wimp! That's exactly how I watched it. I happened to tune in the bedroom Tivo while it was on, watched for a 1/2 hour or so, and then had the living room TiVo pick up the next showing.

I liked the Chicago locations. People don't generally go to Daley Plaza to eat lunch - as was obvious, there are no seats, - although they have some kind of event there about every weekday noon.

It's not like I didn't know what the premise was and how it would end. :D

I used to have the same problem... too much bg noise, not enough announcer. The GF and I always wondered if we were deaf or what because we had to have the tv up so loud to hear anything. Then one day I realized that the BG noise wasn't that bad on the other tv's in the house, so I checked the audio setting. Sure enough, it was set to Surround. I turned it off and it's been much better ever since :).

Back