Found out the hard way

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
To all of you homeowners who maintain your own pool, be sure to leave the bypass valve open for both backwash and rinse positions on the pump. If you close it after backwash and go to rinse with the bypass closed, you end up all soaked and embarrassed like me. :redface:

Learning from experience...every day. Needless to say, it was one of those "Oh $h*t!" moments.

To all of you homeowners who maintain your own pool, be sure to leave the bypass valve open for both backwash and rinse positions on the pump. If you close it after backwash and go to rinse with the bypass closed, you end up all soaked and embarrassed like me. :redface:

Learning from experience...every day. Needless to say, it was one of those "Oh $h*t!" moments.

What is this bypass valve of which you speak? I've always had spider valves in the system which eliminate that sort of problem.

I've always used the public pool. no problems with that. of course, its literally in my backyard (jump a fence, and walk a block) so its easy to get to.

This one:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 49
JOOC, why does it ever have to be closed? -lance

Back