Found myself a long term co-pilot!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Doesn't make any noise when I need to talk on the CTAF. Just goes to sleep before I even finish the takeoff checklist and take the runway.

Attachments

• PIC_0005.JPG
    PIC_0005.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 66
  • PIC_0008.JPG
    PIC_0008.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 45
  • PIC_0004.JPG
    PIC_0004.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 37
Awwwww!!! What a cute dog! Piper loved flying when he was a little puppy. He's not so keen on it anymore, unfortunately. Here's hoping your dog always loves it!

He's Cute Ed. Wish mine was small enough to take along, but i know he would want in my lap while Flying.

Attachments

• BEAR.jpg
    BEAR.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 28
He's Cute Ed. Wish mine was small enough to take along, but i know he would want in my lap while Flying.

When I drive my truck he sits front seat, and always ends up climbing on to me for a bit before settling down and sleeping on the pax seat. When we went flying I put him in the back seat, and the plan was to taxi around for a bit and get him used to it, but as soon as I started the engine, he calmed down, curled up on the back seat behind me and laid down. I taxied over to the runway, did my run up thinking that the increased rpm might agitate him. Nope. So I pulled out on the runway, and off we went. Never barked, never jumped, nothing. Did it like he'd been there a thousand times before. Did a normal take off, did a remain in ground effect until I hit 110 IAS takeoff, did a <1g level off after a pegged VSI climb, and he didn't even flinch. There was a couple of burbles on downwind, and he picked his head up for a bit, then laid right back down.

I can probably make a Gaston's reservation now.

Oh, and Dave, your dog looks a little too well fed. :rofl:

Oh, and Dave, your dog looks a little too well fed. :rofl:
That he is Ed, weighs 150 lbs.
and thinks he weighs 15 lbs.

Dave G:blueplane:

Guess I'll have to get some doggie treats for the FlyBQ next year.

Nah, he likes hamburgers. At least the one he got from BK on the way home from the airport tonight. Or we can just roust up another deer leg. :rofl:

I figured as soon as I saw Ed and long term on the same line that something furry and four-legged was involved. :D

Otherwise, he'd be EdWed! :rofl:

I figured as soon as I saw Ed and long term on the same line that something furry and four-legged was involved. :D

Otherwise, he'd be EdWed! :rofl:

Som guys say they haven't been in a relationship this month, or this year, or this decade. I am the guy that can say I haven't been in a relationship this millenium! :goofy:

A real cutie... it's a shame I still haven't taken my Peg for a ride; been waiting for a chance to have someone else fly first so I can monitor her (not entirely sure what she'd do and she weighs 80 lbs.), and it just hasn't happened yet.

Som guys say they haven't been in a relationship this month, or this year, or this decade. I am the guy that can say I haven't been in a relationship this millenium! :goofy:

Cute dog, Ed; but day-amm, I was thinking you'd gotten fixed up with that foxy TV lady who was at your 2006 Labor Day fly-in.

HR

Cute puppy!

My puppy would make a horrible copilot - of course he's a 100 lb rottweiler.

Back in April we drove from here to Kansas in my Town Car. After about 15 minutes or so, he would just curl up in the middle and passenger seats of the front and sleep, with the occasional movement to give me a lick. I think he'd be pretty uncomfortable in anything smaller than a Navajo...

Here's what he does best:

HPIM1406.jpg

Always remember: dog loves you!

HPIM1407.jpg

Nah, he likes hamburgers. At least the one he got from BK on the way home from the airport tonight. Or we can just roust up another deer leg. :rofl:

Bertha liked White Castles. You would drop a slyder from waist high and it disappeared.

The problem was what came out of the other side. Come to think of it, now I would have captured that and shipped it to a certain remote area of Pakistan.

So do you guys have special doggy airplane seat belts? Wonder if they're FAA approved, hehe.

I had a dream that I got a new little puppy. I had another dog, too.

Time for me to sign up for Bulldog rescue.

So do you guys have special doggy airplane seat belts? Wonder if they're FAA approved, hehe.

If not, some type of restraint is highly recommended.

Even a small dog deciding to jump from the front seat to the back of the cargo space just as you begin to rotate can have a surprisingly dramatic effect on a light aircraft's pitch attitude.:eek:

If not, some type of restraint is highly recommended.

Even a small dog deciding to jump from the front seat to the back of the cargo space just as you begin to rotate can have a surprisingly dramatic effect on a light aircraft's pitch attitude.:eek:

There are doggy seat belts for cars - No. Not FAA approved.

http://www.canineauto.com/
http://www.lucysdoghouse.net/seatblt.html?productid=seatblt
http://www.petco.com/shop/product.a...=froog&cm_cat=62&cm_pla=150673&cm_ite=150673?

Very cute pup...congrats on the family addition. Hopefully I'll have a St. Bernard or Bull Mastiff again once I get out of the Marines.

Here's a shot of my mentor's navigator, Chester. One of the most well-behaved and well-trained dogs I've ever met in my life.

Attachments

• DSCN0263.JPG
    DSCN0263.JPG
    892.1 KB · Views: 2
I had a dream that I got a new little puppy. I had another dog, too.

Time for me to sign up for Bulldog rescue.

Funny. I don't remember this.

The rescue played out. The funny thing: She told me they get 3000 applications. She checked me out when she sees that mine says "I have a plan." I wrote "I have a plane." (so I can travel further) but it got cut off. :D

I've been thinking that I might go for a puppy next. Pancho has 3-6 years the best I can hope for. Bertha made it to almost 15 years old. Of course, I may not have many more years than that. :rolleyes:

There are doggy seat belts for cars - No. Not FAA approved.

I got a reasonable nylon seat belt from Pet Supplies Plus for $16.95. I see they have a deluxe padded version for $21.95.

I put the belt on Pancho and since I forgot to take Bertha's old collar with me. I left the "seat belt" on her as a harness and to have a grab handle for her. She started scratching at it late on the second day. I loosened a strap. Now that it's off she's still scatching so I wouldn't blame the harness.

Back