found ethanol-free mogas in central IL

JHW

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Wright
I guess there is still some ethanol free mogas

I typically catch some in a sample jar every time I fill up the car at a different filling station around town, and then run the samples at work when I get a chance.

The mid-priced grade (87R+M) at a peoria-area caseys came up ethanol-free. This is the first ethanol free gas I've seen in over a year.

I can't use it in my plane but I went back and filled up my 50gal transfer tank at a different local caseys and it was clean too. Now I should have no more lawnmower problems the rest of the year.

Jeff what type of mower do you use? I have a Toro with a Briggs and Straton 5.8hp engine on it and it has always had ethanol and never given me problems.

Jeff what type of mower do you use? I have a Toro with a Briggs and Straton 5.8hp engine on it and it has always had ethanol and never given me problems.
I constantly have problems with my kohler carb, as well as with the reeds disintegrating in my 2-stroke string trimmer

I constantly have problems with my kohler carb, as well as with the reeds disintegrating in my 2-stroke string trimmer
i have an electric trimmer but I do have a two stroke snow blower and it too runs fine on the usual stuff we get here in Illinois.

What are the 'reeds' you are referring to?

BTW doesn't marine gas not contain ethanol as a lot of boats use fuel tanks that would disintegrate if it were used?

BTW doesn't marine gas not contain ethanol as a lot of boats use fuel tanks that would disintegrate if it were used?
in order, no and yes

around here the marine gas does have alcohol and the boats with fiberglass tanks do have lots of problems

casey's is Iowa based, and Iowa has not mandated ethanol yet. that could be the reason.

Back