Found a Radiosonde

You are a little late in the game...that's already been done.

Yeah don't you remember in the First Gulf war Sadam giving tours of locations that the coalition bombed and they had signs that read "Children's Milk Factory" or something like that LOL

GREAT STUFF...:yes::thumbsup::thumbsup:..

Now I am really curious..... The balloon launches. goes up to at least 47,000 and maybe 90,000:dunno:.... This should take maybe 2-3 hours... Then suppose the balloon pops and it is under canopy.. Surely it didn't take a day and a half to come back to earth... :dunno:..

What am I missing here...:confused:

Normally the balloon ascends under hydrogen power to about 90,000 to 100,000 feet before it bursts and parachutes back to earth. This particular launch reached 47,000 feet at about 0000Z (launched at 2315Z) when it stopped sending data (sometimes the tracking fails or the equipment just stops sending data). The previous night's Sterling balloon launch stopped sending data at about 100,374 feet. That last report was at 0056Z with a launch at 2315Z. So that's 101 minutes or about 1,000 ft/min.

Not sure why you think it'll take a day and 1/2 to come back to earth?

It says it was launched from Sterling VA on January 30 at 6:00pm that means it went through that hilacious storm we had Wednesday night. I figure That's about 150 miles straight line.

Adam says it launched at 6 pm on Wed, Jan 30... he found it on Fri at 6 pm.. That is 48 hours.. or am I miscalculating something???:dunno:

Back