Fossett may be Declared Dead

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ttnov27,0,3861198.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

The wife of Chicago adventurer Steve Fossett went to court Monday to have him found legally dead, saying she believes he died when his plane disappeared over the Nevada desert in September.

Peggy Fossett asked a Cook County probate judge to begin the process of distributing his assets according to his will.

"[Steve] Fossett's wealth is vast, surpassing eight figures in liquid assets, various entities and real estate," the court petition said.

FYI

Re: Fossett Maybe Declared Dead

He ran off with Stacy Peterson.

*ducking*

Boy, that didn't take long. 3 months and she's filing.

This fits hand in glove with what I think: he had a reason to fake his own death.

Wonder if he had assets tied up in an offshore type account that would allow him to dissappear and still not worry about the finances?

Boy, that didn't take long. 3 months and she's filing.

This fits hand in glove with what I think: he had a reason to fake his own death.

No he didn't. I have personal knowledge that that he's been in much, much, much worse financial shape than anything that is possible since.

As in, the chairman of the federal reserve personally got involved in his bailout plan.

He'd been married for a long time. I'm sure he had everything set up and planned to work out if he didn't come back from one of his adventures.

This is the guy who did a near free-fall from 30,000 feet into the Atlantic, among other things.

Last edited:

Well, whatever the case, wish him good luck and blue skies.

Good Luck & Blue Skies Steve!

*moment of silence*

*tips glass* :cheerswine:

And wish the same for all those poor folks they didn't have time to look for initially, but found while they were looking for Fossett.

This is just so hard to comprehend. Fossett has traveled by balloon and aircraft over the most desolate parts of the globe, and his apparent demise came when he was lost in our own desert southwest. :(

Godspeed Mr. Fossett.

And let's all fly safely out there.

just goes to show you how desolate our own desert southwest really is

This is just so hard to comprehend. Fossett has traveled by balloon and aircraft over the most desolate parts of the globe, and his apparent demise came when he was lost in our own desert southwest. :(

Godspeed Mr. Fossett.

And let's all fly safely out there.
A point of interest is that the primary search area wasn't even close to true desolate desert. He was presumed lost under what is perhaps one of the most busiest airspace on the planet. Certainly, only a hundred miles or so from a major metropolitan area.

Steve Fossett has been declared dead

A Cook County probate judge today declared wealthy Chicago adventurer Steve Fossett legally dead, five months after his plane disappeared over the Nevada desert.

Fossett's estate is "vast, surpassing eight figures," Peggy Fossett's lawyers have said in court documents.

Fossett, a commodities trader, was a record-setting adventurer whose conquests included completing nonstop flights around the globe as a solo balloonist, sailor and pilot.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-steve-fossett-missing_webfeb16,1,1771069.story

He was a stock and stock options trader. Sheeesh!

When I was at Fossett Corporation we didn't deal in pork bellies.

Steve Fossett has been declared dead

He was a stock and stock options trader. Sheeesh!

When I was at Fossett Corporation we didn't deal in pork bellies.

Didn't he start off at the CBOT though? I know he really started making his fortune at CBOE, but it seems like somebody told me he started as a futures guy...

Not that that would make the article any more accurate, but...

She believes he disappeared over the desert???? So everyone was looking in the wrong place. Well, it's too late now, the severe gusty winds would have blown him far off course by now...alrighty, he's dead.
You're being too literal.

Well, she is the one who said it....

I prefer to think he's lying on the beach with some hottie.
I certainly hope it's some beach rather than aliens. Did the Texan aliens even make it to NV yet?

Didn't he start off at the CBOT though? I know he really started making his fortune at CBOE, but it seems like somebody told me he started as a futures guy...

Not that that would make the article any more accurate, but...

If so that was before my time. When I worked for him we were in the CBOE building. Fossett was a founding member of CBOE.

When I started working for Fossett Corp. it moved 1% of the volume of the NYSE. He managed to blow that. :redface:

If so that was before my time. When I worked for him we were in the CBOE building. Fossett was a founding member of CBOE.

When I started working for Fossett Corp. it moved 1% of the volume of the NYSE. He managed to blow that. :redface:

Huh. Soybeans?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/u...l=1&adxnnlx=1203130808-TRVTsuvnvig5umuLN17xfQ

Huh. Soybeans?
Interestingly enough, a really experienced trader can move into any pit on the CBOT and make a profit without knowing a thing about what is being traded. It is all about sensing momentum and reading faces.

-Skip

She believes he disappeared over the desert???? So everyone was looking in the wrong place. Well, it's too late now, the severe gusty winds would have blown him far off course by now...alrighty, he's dead.

You're being too literal.

Well, she is the one who said it....

I prefer to think he's lying on the beach with some hottie.

I certainly hope it's some beach rather than aliens. Did the Texan aliens even make it to NV yet?

Have you been under a rock? Ever hear of Roswell?

You ninny, I said Nevada, not New Mexico.

Yeah, I think illegals should be deported muy pronto.

Uhhh, Richard? Step away from the keyboard...

Back