Fortune teller needed Dec 31

RussT

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
R.j.
Hi guys,

I'm dying to know what the probability for good weather is Dec 31 for a flight from KSMO - KLAS (Cirrus SR20 - VFR). I really don't know the first thing about long range forecasting. Any one know what to expect?

I'm in need of VFR weather, nice far spaced isobars. If that can be arranged anyone?! LOL. I see a nice high coming in on ADDS for 48 hours but can't see further west to know what's coming. http://aviationweather.gov/adds/progs/nav?current=4

Fingers crossed!! It will be really disappointing if I end up driving there.

For a little different presentation of the model forecast data goto www.wunderground.com then select maps then select forecast maps. Use the dropdown box to select time period.

The chances of good weather are 50%. The weather will either be good or it won't.

the best intermediate range planning tool is to plan to leave early and drive if it doesn't look 100% clear the day before.

Better to be down here wishing you were up there than to be up there wishing you were down here (on the ground).

My number 1 flight planning tool is my visa. I will rent a car or stay in a hotel rather than push a questionable situation.

Wow Scott thanks! I have never seen these charts before - they are sweet!

Back