Format Error

jhausch

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jhausch
I have this cheap digital photoframe from Radio Hut. I have a bunch of pictures on it, but have space for more. I am trying to add additional pictures, but keep getting this error.

attachment.php

This happens when I try to add them individually or as a group. Any advice on how I might get around this error?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Format Error.jpg
    Format Error.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 70
I have seen this with USB thumb drives that I have. They are 500 megs each, but if I try to put data in the root directory they only hold a small amount.
BUT.....
If I make a subdirectory and put all the data there, they will hold the full 500 megs.

There is a limit to the number of files (not the size) in the root directory of a FAT filesystem. Either reformat using NTFS or create a folder and put the pics in a folder.

putting all the pictures into a folder worked. I am surprised the frame is smart enough to look into the folder. Thanks everyone.

There is a limit to the number of files (not the size) in the root directory of a FAT filesystem. Either reformat using NTFS or create a folder and put the pics in a folder.

Thanks for clarifying that, Steve. Didn't know about that.

Back