Form 8500-8 issue

darkstar

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
darkstar
I filled out the form 8500-8 and clicked submit button but then I realized that I had written my names in reverse order(first name to middle name section and middle name to first name section). I changed account settings but it is not possible to change 8500-8 form. Now, my name is different in account and form.

I don't know, what I need to do. A new account with different e-mail adress may be work but it sound ridiculous.

Establishing a new free email account with gmail, hotmail, or someone else is the right start.

Then starting fresh with MedXpress using that new account will finish the task.

tips: 1) save or print the summary as a PDF. saving keeps it for reference at next visit.
2) cut off the reference number at the bottom of both page and keep that in your pocket until the AME completes the exam and says you pass and will be issued right now. That is the simplest way to avoid a surprise that starts either a bad round of deferral hell or denial.

Thanks for reply. I sent an e-mail to FAA and they said only AME can change this form and some of them do that and some of them not :) I think, getting new account is the right solution but are the multiple accounts ok?

Until you are at the AME and surrender the confirmation code (remember DO NOT do that on arrival), the information in the MedXpress system isn't "live" yet.

Per Dr. Bruce, if the information is not accessed by the AME within 30-60 days of you submitting into MedXpress, the information is deleted by the system..

There is no penalty to having multiple email accounts within MedXpress. However, hang on to the email you do use to fill out the questions. If you use that email account when you apply for your next medical, many of the personal information fields will already be filled out for you.

What the FAA was referring to is if you had handed the code to the receptionist and she had captured the online data with that code and printed off the form. The form and application is now LIVE and only the AME can make changes and/or fix small errors.

One last piece of counsel --- do not be going into your exam unless you know with greater than 100% confidence that you are going to pass and do not have any health gremlins lurking about (high blood pressure, cardiac issues, high blood sugars, etc).

Once the form is "LIVE", the AME and the FAA can only approve or deny, there is no middle ground. They may set up a very short deferral period to permit gathering of records, but this still is setting up the approval or denial decision. And you do not want to get denied.

Again, don't surrender the confirmation code given to you by MedXpress and printed at the bottom of the PDF and go "LIVE" until the AME says he will issue the certificate. Retaining the code in your pocket or wallet keeps the office visit in "consultation stage", which is not reported to the FAA. So if something is discovered, you have a change to handle it and return at a later date.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply. I sent an e-mail to FAA and they said only AME can change this form and some of them do that and some of them not :) I think, getting new account is the right solution but are the multiple accounts ok?
Just get the new email address and do it right. sigh. You can havd 50 medxpresses and Northrup Grumman Co has no idea who's who. It's the one you and the AME download that determines which one is real.

You can put one in, in the name of the President of the United States and nobody will care, unless it gets downloaded by an AME.

You can put one in the name of the President of the United States and nobody will care, unless it gets downloaded by an AME.

Bruce, you nearly owe me a keyboard and a batch of monitor wipes....

So, what you're saying is, someday on the cockpit voice recorder, we'll hear, "Move over Colonel, it's my turn to land Air Force One..."

What the FAA was referring to is if you had handed the code to the receptionist and she had captured the online data with that code and printed off the form. The form and application is now LIVE and only the AME can make changes and/or fix small errors.

Again, don't surrender the confirmation code given to you by MedXpress and printed at the bottom of the PDF and go "LIVE" until the AME says he will issue the certificate. Retaining the code in your pocket or wallet keeps the office visit in "consultation stage", which is not reported to the FAA. So if something is discovered, you have a change to handle it and return at a later date.

I may have to change AME's next time around. The guy I've been going to didn't use MedXpress until it was mandatory. Just called to schedule my apt, and was told by the receptionist to not print anything, just bring her the confirmation number. Should be interesting to see how this goes.

Thanks everyone,

I am going to create a new account and fill a new form. I'll print the pdf file and put it in my pocket.

I hope to pass FAA Medical exam. Actually, I have JAR-FCL Class 1 Medical Certificate.

Thanks everyone,

I am going to create a new account and fill a new form. I'll print the pdf file and put it in my pocket.

I hope to pass FAA Medical exam. Actually, I have JAR-FCL Class 1 Medical Certificate.
Then you should have no problem provided that FCL1 was with full disclosure. The FAA has access to a lot of information the JAR FCL do not.... :) :hairraise:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back