ForeFlight to require ios 5.1

Well Shoot! Time to get rid of my 2nd gen iPod touch and upgrade I guess.

I was initially surprised by this as well. But it covers all iPads, plus all iphones *except* the original and the 3G. They're not really locking out many devices.

It's going to be interesting once the Ipad 1 drops off the list. It's not like it's cheap to move to the next level of tech.

It's going to be interesting once the Ipad 1 drops off the list. It's not like it's cheap to move to the next level of tech.

As compared to buying sectionals, AF/Ds, books of approach plates? Depending on how often you fly...it's still one hell of a bargain.

> Time to get rid of my 2nd gen iPod touch and upgrade I guess.

You guess wrong.

iOS 5.1 runs just fine on the iPad 1 and iPad2. Your iPad2 will also run iOS 6.x once it
becomes available.

Yeah, this really isn't a big deal. iOS 5.x has some nice usability enhancements, too.

> Time to get rid of my 2nd gen iPod touch and upgrade I guess.

You guess wrong.

iOS 5.1 runs just fine on the iPad 1 and iPad2. Your iPad2 will also run iOS 6.x once it
becomes available.

I don't have an iPad. I have a 2nd gen iPod touch. I can't get it over iOS 4.2.1 if memory serves me right.

I misread your orig post ... dunno about the Touch 2.
I misread it too. He'll need to upgrade.
iOS 5.1 supports a large number of Apple devices. Here’s the compatibility list:
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S (only the original iPhone and iPhone 3G are not supported)
iPod Touch, 3rd and 4th generation
iPad, iPad2, and the new iPad (all iPads)

As compared to buying sectionals, AF/Ds, books of approach plates? Depending on how often you fly...it's still one hell of a bargain.

Not if I have to buy a new iPad every 2-3 years. Starting to look like the way Quicken does business, only a hihjer price tag.

Not if I have to buy a new iPad every 2-3 years. Starting to look like the way Quicken does business, only a hihjer price tag.

Then go buy paper charts. It costs about $600 per cycle to duplicate what ForeFlight gets you. If you're the type that only needs one approach plate book and a low alt, paper is probably better for you. But if you fly much at all, it doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

We're not talking about an iPad here, though. We're talking about a 2nd gen iPod Touch, which came out September 2008.

Then go buy paper charts. It costs about $600 per cycle to duplicate what ForeFlight gets you. If you're the type that only needs one approach plate book and a low alt, paper is probably better for you. But if you fly much at all, it doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I think you missed the point. I don't need to add to my pile of old electronic junk - I can usually use stuff for 5-7 years before they become obsolete.

We're not talking about an iPad here, though. We're talking about a 2nd gen iPod Touch, which came out September 2008.

I'm not talking about this particular case, I'm looking ahead to when the iPads won't get the next version of iOS and FF.

Back