ForeFlight & the Tac

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Currently downloading the April 30 charts in FF. TACs and Sectionals are now separate files. Haven't had a chance to see if they're stiched together as before (zoom in the sectional to a certain level and it converts to the TAC)

I sort of wish they'd make the charts available separately instead of switching from sectional to TAC at a certain zoom level... Let's hope that's what they did.

I sort of wish they'd make the charts available separately instead of switching from sectional to TAC at a certain zoom level... Let's hope that's what they did.

That's basically what it is. You can bring whichever chart you want to the front now. And you have the option of showing the legends.

Awesome. Foreflight continues to give me what I want. I can't complain:)

My FF switches from sectional to TAC as you zoom in. And it distorts some areas/airports that happen to lie on the boarder of the TAC, like KFOK and KHVN.

Is there an option to not switch? How?

Thanks.

My FF switches from sectional to TAC as you zoom in. And it distorts some areas/airports that happen to lie on the boarder of the TAC, like KFOK and KHVN.

Is there an option to not switch? How?

Thanks.

I think there is a way to toggle that someplace. It would be in the settings somewhere. Let me look real quick.

One thing you can do is change the map touch action in map settings to "bring chart to front" and then you could tap on the sectional to bring it in front of the TAC. I just tested this and it seems to work. Just tap outside the TAC and it makes the underlying sectional come to the front. Tap again and it reverts to the TAC. Tap near KHVN and it reverts to sectional and the airport symbol no longer gets chopped off.

Actually it appears that it's a toggle and it doesn't matter whether you click on the TAC portion or the sectional portion. Just tap and it toggles the underlying sectional in front of or behind the TAC. When you're zoomed out it it still reverts to the sectional as usual.

I don't see a setting to make it not switch to the TAC on zoom though.

Last edited:
Back