ForeFlight Procedure Advisor - Procedure Different Than Published?

HighFlyingA380

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim F.
I have run into a couple discrepancies between ForeFlight's version and the published version of the Benky 2 arrival into KORD:

1- On the published version page 2 (and as loaded in the GPS database), Rwy 28C is a valid transition, but in ForeFlight's procedure advisor, it's not present:

FFPA.png

Is this because it's only been open 6 months, and perhaps they don't update the procedure advisor that often? I know you're not supposed to rely on it for navigation, but it seems kinda crazy they wouldn't update the procedure advisor for the 5th busiest airport in the world...

2- The same version loaded into the procedure advisor is missing a couple waypoints which are on the published procedure. In between TRICH and PETAH, the actual procedure has NEWRK and AHSTN with various heading changes, which are all omitted in ForeFlight's built-in procedure:

FFBenky2.png

Similar to the previous question, do they just not bother editing these? Seems as though if we're all paying for it, they should keep them updated...

Send it in to Foreflight and ask them. They're usually pretty good about responding to issues with data. Even if it's just some minor bug it would be good to know WHY the problem presents because it could be affecting other procedures.

Looks like Garmin Pilot has the complete transition, but call 28C by the name 28B.

gemy6yme.jpg

he6aquhu.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Send it in to Foreflight and ask them. They're usually pretty good about responding to issues with data. Even if it's just some minor bug it would be good to know WHY the problem presents because it could be affecting other procedures.
I figured that's what I'd end up doing, but wanted to see if perhaps I was overlooking something first...

I figured that's what I'd end up doing, but wanted to see if perhaps I was overlooking something first...

I don't think so. I'm seeing the same thing in version 6.

Is this because it's only been open 6 months, and perhaps they don't update the procedure advisor that often?

Similar to the previous question, do they just not bother editing these? Seems as though if we're all paying for it, they should keep them updated...

ForeFlight doesn't "update" or "edit" these, they're simply reading data from the FAA and presenting it. I'm guessing because of what was posted about GP having an incorrect runway number that something is munged in the FAA's data.

Did you report it? What did you hear back?

Back