Foreflight on 2 iphones

MachFly

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MachFly
Is it possible to use foreflight on 2 iphones with the same account?

Foeflight's FAQ says "The 1-Pilot subscription allows you to use ForeFlight Mobile on 1-iPad + 1-iPhone + 1-iPod Touch, simultaneously, plus a second iPad as a backup device (total 2-iPads). All devices are to be used by the same pilot."

What about not simultaneously? Say if it is installed on two devices and used at a different time.

Is it possible to use foreflight on 2 iphones with the same account?

Foeflight's FAQ says "The 1-Pilot subscription allows you to use ForeFlight Mobile on 1-iPad + 1-iPhone + 1-iPod Touch, simultaneously, plus a second iPad as a backup device (total 2-iPads). All devices are to be used by the same pilot."

What about not simultaneously? Say if it is installed on two devices and used at a different time.
AFaIK the only "real" restriction is that all the devices using the same FF account have to be sharing the same Apple account. Beyond that I believe that the "honor" system applies and I'm pretty sure ForeFlight is OK with you putting their product on two iPhones instead of two iPads as long as both are only used by the same pilot.

AFaIK the only "real" restriction is that all the devices using the same FF account have to be sharing the same Apple account. Beyond that I believe that the "honor" system applies and I'm pretty sure ForeFlight is OK with you putting their product on two iPhones instead of two iPads as long as both are only used by the same pilot.

Negative. Foreflight does impose a limit

http://www.foreflight.com/support/foreflight-mobile#183

2 ipads (probably so you can have 1 ipad as primary and an older cheap ipad as secondary backup), iphone (backup/planning/etc), and an ipod touch

So what exactly does foreflight know about how which devices your using it on?

The reason why I ask is that in the past year I had a number of occurrences where I'd be at some airport and wanted to check the weather, there was no wifi or an accessible computer, but there was cellphone service. So if the other person ipad (mine can't) or iphone could connect to the internet though cell towers I'd just borrow their ipad and use my foreflight account to get the info.
Now I am considering getting an iphone. While I was thinking whether or not I should really get one a question came to mind. What if I won't have service and the other people will? (different service providers) I've done some research and somewhere on foreflight's site I found that if I am using more devices than I'm allowed to then they will automatically block my account.
I'm not planning to connect a 2nd iphone to my foreflight account, however in case if I'd do it sometime for whatever reason I'd like to know in which case exactly would they block my account. Now I am trying to figure out what they mean by "simultaneously"? Is it me using foreflight literally at the same time on two devices or is it having foreflight downloaded on two devices and logged in at the same time? But then again if one of the devices is not connected to the internet at the time they can not possibly know that I am logged into foreflight on that account. :mad2:

Last edited:
So what exactly does foreflight know about how which devices your using it on?

The reason why I ask is that in the past year I had a number of occurrences where I'd be at some airport and wanted to check the weather, there was no wifi or an accessible computer, but there was cellphone service. So if the other person ipad (mine can't) or iphone could connect to the internet though cell towers I'd just borrow their ipad and use my foreflight account to get the info.
Now I am considering getting an iphone. While I was thinking whether or not I should really get one a question came to mind. What if I won't have service and the other people will? (different service providers) I've done some research and somewhere on foreflight's site I found that if I am using more devices than I'm allowed to then they will automatically block my account.
I'm not planning to connect a 2nd iphone to my foreflight account, however in case if I'd do it sometime for whatever reason I'd like to know in which case exactly would they block my account. Now I am trying to figure out what they mean by "simultaneously"? Is it me using foreflight literally at the same time on two devices or is it having foreflight downloaded on two devices and logged in at the same time? But then again if one of the devices is not connected to the internet at the time they can not possibly know that I am logged into foreflight on that account. :mad2:

I'm not sure to what extent they know. You'd have to try it and report back to us :D

Sent from my Nexus 4

I'm not sure to what extent they know. You'd have to try it and report back to us :D

Sent from my Nexus 4

If it does happen I'll be sure to let you guys know.

I shattered the screen on my iPad dropping it "just right" after a flight (it was in a case). So, I replaced it. As I already had used ForeFlight on that iPad and my iPhone I was unable to use ForeFlight on my replacement iPad. I had to login to a profile page on ForeFlight's site and remove my dead iPad from the authorized device list. Then it let me use it on the new iPad.

I shattered the screen on my iPad dropping it "just right" after a flight (it was in a case). So, I replaced it. As I already had used ForeFlight on that iPad and my iPhone I was unable to use ForeFlight on my replacement iPad. I had to login to a profile page on ForeFlight's site and remove my dead iPad from the authorized device list. Then it let me use it on the new iPad.

Interesting, I thought they allowed you to use the foreflight account with two ipads.

I suspect the two iPads aren't on the same AppleID. But don't know.

I'm thinking maybe there was a bug in the system or something. I've logged onto foreflight from two ipads before which had a different apple ID.

Back