Foreflight map problems

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
Anyone having problems with Sectionals and other maps loading in Foreflight recently.

How do you mean? They have been working for me. If you don't have an Internet connection, those charts not loaded on the device will load as low resolution images.

Just did an update with no problem.maps are loading as they usually do.

No problems here.

The only issue I've encountered with Foreflight sectionals is info missing where two sectionals are stitched together. I suppose that problem has been around a while. For example, yesterday I was flying above I63 Mt. Sterling Illinois, and I noticed that its info was chopped off in Foreflight. You can't see its runway length, frequency, or even the identifier for this airport, which happens to be at the edge of the St. Louis and Chicago sectionals. The same problem does not afflict the online iflightplanner.com depiction of the same airport.

No issues using it between Dallas and Tulsa over the weekend.

No problems here.

The only issue I've encountered with Foreflight sectionals is info missing where two sectionals are stitched together. I suppose that problem has been around a while. For example, yesterday I was flying above I63 Mt. Sterling Illinois, and I noticed that its info was chopped off in Foreflight. You can't see its runway length, frequency, or even the identifier for this airport, which happens to be at the edge of the St. Louis and Chicago sectionals. The same problem does not afflict the online iflightplanner.com depiction of the same airport.

There is an option in "settings". On the iPhone app, its called "map touch action". The options are "Bring Chart To Front" and "Bring Chart to Front with Legends". I believe that if you select the "Bring Charts To Front" option to eliminate the legends and borders and provide continuous mapping.

It was just a rectal cranial inversion on my part. I didn't check for foreflight updates

No problems here.

There is an option in "settings". On the iPhone app, its called "map touch action". The options are "Bring Chart To Front" and "Bring Chart to Front with Legends". I believe that if you select the "Bring Charts To Front" option to eliminate the legends and borders and provide continuous mapping.

Yes sir just verified this on the IPad mini

Attachments

• IMAG1769.jpg
    IMAG1769.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMAG1770.jpg
    IMAG1770.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
How to fix the problem where you are flying to kabc and the map is displaying either ceiling/vis/fuel prices but you cannot see these because the blue dot is obliterating it?
Yes, I can delete the flight plan but is there a more elegant way?
Zooming in does not help.

How to fix the problem where you are flying to kabc and the map is displaying either ceiling/vis/fuel prices but you cannot see these because the blue dot is obliterating it?
Yes, I can delete the flight plan but is there a more elegant way?
Zooming in does not help.

Not sure I completely understand what you're trying to do. But I just tap the screen near the airport till I see the add route, than select airports than details.

Back