Foreflight Issue

MDeitch1976

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MattCanFly
Today I went on my last solo flight. Post will be coming in the fiture regarding that. This is the first time I was using foreflight with my flight plan. The issue I Was having is the airplane symbol was not showing up. No tracking along my route. The GPS was working, providing me altitude, a/s, and ETA. Any ideas how to fix this? I did have one selected in the settings. Is there somewhere else I have to change a setting?

I noticed mine blinked off and on during my last flight. I figured GPS signal loss. There was also a period of time at first where it wasn't sequencing and it showed a constant 4h:xx ETA, which gave my wife and I heartache, albeit for different reasons.

I just had same issue return to Texas from Florida. I figured it was my internal. So i am getting Dual next week.

Foreflight responded quickly. They had me go into the settings and turn of the "disable ownship". Hopefully this is the solution. Will it work in my car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes it will work in your car. Mine works walking through the house

I believe the ball vs airplane is also an indication of GPS accuracy in FF. You can turn the accuracy number on in one of the HUD boxes to confirm.

I believe the ball means "ballpark" location base on ancillary location services vs. GPS-derived location.

I believe the ball means "ballpark" location base on ancillary location services vs. GPS-derived location.

Negative, it's more than that. Mine is getting a full GPS position right now, but the ball is because I'm sitting still. In the air it will turn into a plane. It's because the direction the airplane points is controlled by your GPS movement -- if you're stationary it wouldn't know which way to point the airplane anyway.

Movement -- I haven't observed it to auto scroll but I also haven't used it in the air with GPS, either...

See the cross hairs symbol in the top right, just right of the search box? Click that and it will turn blue, which tells you the autoscroll is activated and your plane will remain in the center of the screen. It will be disabled if you move the map around manually.

Negative, it's more than that. Mine is getting a full GPS position right now, but the ball is because I'm sitting still. In the air it will turn into a plane. It's because the direction the airplane points is controlled by your GPS movement -- if you're stationary it wouldn't know which way to point the airplane anyway.

Yeah, but I can walk across the living room and get it to change by that tiny movement, and it stays after that. Doesn't switch back, that I can tell.

Yeah, but I can walk across the living room and get it to change by that tiny movement, and it stays after that. Doesn't switch back, that I can tell.

Mine will switch back and forth depending on my movement or lack there of.

dukeblue219 said:
See the cross hairs symbol in the top right, just right of the search box? Click that and it will turn blue, which tells you the autoscroll is activated and your plane will remain in the center of the screen. It will be disabled if you move the map around manually.
Thanks for the autoscroll tip. I have been wondering about that for a while now.

I will try this, thank you.

Back