ForeFlight has something for you, Nate...

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
All IFR Area charts (they work just like the TAC charts do), and all VFR Flyway charts are available in the Documents section now, too.

Enjoy! :)

ForeFlight email blast said:
Flyway, IFR Area Charts Added
We recently added the complete set of IFR Area and VFR Flyway / TAC Planning charts (e.g. the New York TAC VFR Planning Chart). The IFR Area charts work much like the VFR TAC charts today: zoom into an area that is covered by an IFR area chart, and ForeFlight Mobile switches to the area chart automatically.

The VFR Flyway charts are available in the Documents catalog. Hit the Documents tab, then the Catalog button, and under the FAA catalog the complete list of VFR flyway charts is presented for download.

I was just about to post this also. Great minds and all that.

Hilton recently upped his ante by adding SafeTaxi to his basic service.

I wonder what Tyson and crew might counter with...?

I just read the email on that, I'll go download the updates tonight.

My annual subscription is up soon. I've debated trying other programs like Garmin Pilot.
I've also debated upgrading to PRO for position on taxi and approach charts.

Stratus, is it safe to just set it on the glare shield? I would think it would bounce around in turbulence. How long does the battery last? I rent, so do not always have power available.

I just read the email on that, I'll go download the updates tonight.

My annual subscription is up soon. I've debated trying other programs like Garmin Pilot.
I've also debated upgrading to PRO for position on taxi and approach charts.

Stratus, is it safe to just set it on the glare shield? I would think it would bounce around in turbulence. How long does the battery last? I rent, so do not always have power available.

I think the Stratus is good for 8+ hrs.

Thanks. Funny I'm behind on PoA this week and saw the email before the post and thought it was cool.

Downloaded 'em all. The interface on Docs is awful for doing that... Tap on all of them individually. But it's survivable.

Was able to reproducibly crash Foreflight four times by clicking too fast on all the new files in the Document downloader while it was downloading and installing, and by also attempting to scroll quickly through them at the same time.

No big deal since it only would be used on the ground, but was surprising I could easily reproduce it. Just be totally spastic telling it to download a ton of crap at once. Haha.

Back