ForeFlight Glitch...is is just my iPad?

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
iPad 4, running ForeFlight 6.2.1 (1268)

I create my flight plan on the "maps" page.

I send it to "file & brief."

The "file & brief" page launches.

But my flight plan isn't listed.

So I go back to "maps" and send it to "file & brief" again.

The "file & brief" page launches again the flight plan is there this time.

Every time.

Never there first try, alway there second try. I can live with it but....

Anyone else?

Did it on mine too, just happens when I still have a old flight plan still in there

Jonesy is right. That being said, I had that same problem and found the answer to be simple. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the exact answer. The flight plan which is used for the File and Brief process has to be specified. Perhaps it is just that you have to "Save" it and then select it in F & B. If that doesn't wok just send a request for help to team@foreflight.com and they'll quickly solve your problem

Did it on mine too, just happens when I still have a old flight plan still in there

Exactly. If there are no previous flight plans then it goes the first time. But I typically keep a couple of plans saved that I regularly fly. So that creates the issue I guess.

Did you other guys who didn't have issues have saved plans on your "file & brief" page or was it a clean slate?

I've experienced the exact same issue; have to send the flight plan twice. Seems like a bug. Not sure whether it is fixed in the latest update.

I've seen that a number of times and thought I must be doing something funny. Certainly didn't behave as expected.

I second the suggestion to talk to Team ForeFlight. When I have reported bugs in the past, they were always very responsive, professional and quick.
They understand our concerns because the whole team consists of pilots, btw! :yes:

I just alerted CodeMonkey to this thread's existence.

Again, it's really not a big deal since I know that it'll always go to "file & brief" the second time it's sent. But, rather simply an aggravation.

I have exactly the same issue as Tim. Clicking file/brief, going back to the map, and then repeating is the only way I can get a briefing.

I started filing at Fltplan.com because this problem makes me doubt whether Foreflight will really file a plan.

iPad 4, running ForeFlight 6.2.1 (1268)

I create my flight plan on the "maps" page.

I send it to "file & brief."

The "file & brief" page launches.

But my flight plan isn't listed.

So I go back to "maps" and send it to "file & brief" again.

The "file & brief" page launches again the flight plan is there this time.

Every time.

Never there first try, alway there second try. I can live with it but....

Anyone else?

This is fixed in version 6.3.

Back