ForeFlight 5.3 released

Badger

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Badger
These guys are really producing

"We are thrilled to announce that ForeFlight Mobile 5.3 – our sixth significant release of the year – is now available for download from Apple’s App Store. This release includes two significant enhancements to situational awareness and productivity: the ability to overlay approach plates and taxi diagrams on the map, and our new Flight Alerts feature, which sends expected IFR route clearances directly to your device. Jump straight to the Plates on Map video to see it in action or read on for details.

Other features in the latest update include:

A new Aerial Maps view.
An expanded instruments layout in the landscape orientation.
Improved direct-connect drivers for GPS accessories, improving performance."

Last edited:
Just got the notification,can't keep up with all the changes.now if I could only hook it up to the auto pilot.

maybe this is the update that came out a while back, and they are just now pushing the emails...

They must be getting a lot of good suggestions from the POA people.

When I see a good one here that I haven't heard them mention in the beta forum, I do pass it along. But the more people who email them and ask, the more likely (and sooner) the feature will be implemented.

When I see a good one here that I haven't heard them mention in the beta forum, I do pass it along. But the more people who email them and ask, the more likely (and sooner) the feature will be implemented.

Ok, I would like to see them allow us to place those distance rings around any airport we specify. When you "touch and hold" an airport, a little menu already pops up. Add "distance rings" to the menu.

Ok, I would like to see them allow us to place those distance rings around any airport we specify. When you "touch and hold" an airport, a little menu already pops up. Add "distance rings" to the menu.

Requested that one long ago, and then again when the distance rings were added.

I'd like to see a fuel range estimate when you enter to flight plan, and the line change color as you get towards the end.

Something along these lines. Please excuse my crummy photoshop.

KAID KEDC 125kts 6500ft 6gph 26gallonsusable

a9yjutu4.jpg

Back