For some reason I want to try this

I know, I was waiting for the first guy to not land on target. 16' That's a pretty good launch.

That looks like a GREAT tourist attraction for Sidnaw. You could attach the top to the roof of the school! ;)

hehe I noticed that there was a guy in the vid with his arm in a sling. I guessing he was the initial "test pilot"

Pete

I want to know if these guys are really smart (calculated the flight distance for that first one) or really lucky (that they didn't end up in the Darwin Awards).

I know, I was waiting for the first guy to not land on target. 16' That's a pretty good launch.
Yeah, it happened. They followed it with a caption "he's okay". I was expecting someone to get their foot caught in the pool and break a leg.

I would have put a second pool right before the main one just in case!

The closest I've gotten to this is that I used to sit on waxed paper while going down our big slide on our swingset. After a few repeats of that, the slide would become extremely quick!

Talk about water bills. Do they have a hose shooting water down the slide the whole time?

Talk about water bills. Do they have a hose shooting water down the slide the whole time?

Youse dont get water bills when you live outside of the burbs. Costs me a hell of a lot less in electricity to run my well pump than any municipality will sell it for. And I don't have to worry about them telling me I can't do this or that with my water.

I think I'm gonna build one. My roof at the peak is about 25 or 26 feet high. Got a 12/12 slope on the upper portion, and a 4/12 on the lower. I'm thinking I could get going 30mph.

Youse dont get water bills when you live outside of the burbs. Costs me a hell of a lot less in electricity to run my well pump than any municipality will sell it for. And I don't have to worry about them telling me I can't do this or that with my water.

I think I'm gonna build one. My roof at the peak is about 25 or 26 feet high. Got a 12/12 slope on the upper portion, and a 4/12 on the lower. I'm thinking I could get going 30mph.

Not to mention how much fun Kaiser would have (either sliding or watching you!)

Make sure the faucet is before the softener. :D

Kaiser? Is that Ed's dog or something?

You don't recall the flying companion I got last October?

kaiser3.jpg

Make sure the faucet is before the softener. :D

No softener. Bypassed it everywhere. Water has a bit of hardness to it, but nothing to worry about, or to pollute it with salt. Nasty.

I second Scott, was it luck or planning that got the pool in the right place

(or trial and error).

~ Christopher

Ah, to be young, stupid and indestructible again...:rolleyes:

And speaking of dogs named Kaiser: I used to work sometimes with a guy who had a 125-lb. Rottweiler named Kaiser... he was a very good boy but I sure wouldn't want him mad at me- I once saw him pick up an 8-ft piece of 24" Linotube from one end like it was a bone. I could have the dimensions wrong, but it was damn heavy, I remember that.
This guy used to leave thousands of dollars' worth of audio gear in his Jeep Wagoneer with the doors unlocked, on the streets of NYC... with Kaiser sitting watch, of course.:D

Back