For Sale: RV-12 LSA Only 21.5 hours.

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
I ferried this plane from the paint shop to the owner who had back surgeries and could not fly. The surgeries have not gone well and he cannot fly. Steve Wyman has asked me to help him sell the plane he built. It is a solid plane ready to fly anywhere. Just out of annual by an A&P with a clean bill of health. All AD's complied with.

See the full ad for more info and to talk to he owner. He is now wheel chair bound, but loves to talk airplanes, and needs to have a quick sale on his baby.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?p=678503&posted=1#post678503

To build this plane is $70k.

Last edited:
Jeez Larry that pilot's situation breaks my heart. He obviously put a heck of a lot of work into that baby. Just curious what kind of speed does he see with the 100hp Rotax?

Cruise would be around 130 MPH burning 4.5 GPH Mogas. Stall around 40mph.

Steve flew 757s for decades, flew big planes in Viet Nam. He is sharp as a tack, but his body is worn out. Several of us are going to help him sell his plane and simplify his life. He has a very supportive family, but he is the only one that flies.

He is sad, but reality is his specialty. ;)

Sold!

I demoed the plane for he seller as he cannot fly. The first looker was sold by the time we hit pattern alt on takeoff. :rofl:

The guy said he has never felt such acceleration and nimbleness in an airplane. The RV line of planes is amazing. If you ever get a chance to ride in one you will throw rocks at your certified planes.

Sold!

I demoed the plane for he seller as he cannot fly. The first looker was sold by the time we hit pattern alt on takeoff. :rofl:

The guy said he has never felt such acceleration and nimbleness in an airplane. The RV line of planes is amazing. If you ever get a chance to ride in one you will throw rocks at your certified planes.

It is easier for me to get out of most Cessna's than any RV's. But the performance is just short of spectacular.:yesnod:

Back