For Sale: Powered Parachute...

p1l0t

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
p1l0t
So my friend calls me up and is like 'Hey, your a pilot, I figured you might know someone who wants to buy this powered parachute..' I told him he's never sell that and the people I know fly airplanes that much more practical. None-the-less, I feel a little obligated as his ambassador of all things that fly to at least try and point him in the right direction. I recommended eBay or Craigslist so far. I have not seen it yet but I will take pictures of it when I do. He says that its in great shape and only has 200 hours on it. He is asking $2800. Claims they go for $5k new, I didn't verify that either yet. He asked me if I wanted to buy it, but I told him its not practical enough for me, I can't take my friends to Block Island in it. But if you know anyone who wants a toy to fly around solo for cheap let me know. Or if there is powered parachute club forum or something... No idea how safe these things are, it does have a parachute.. but then again so does a Cirrus ;)

<---<^>--->

Good luck.

There was a guy in the hangar behind me that had one. I saw him out twice in 2 years. Seems floating along at 20 MPH 50' above the treetops would be cool the first three times.

After that... :dunno:

So my friend calls me up and is like 'Hey, your a pilot, I figured you might know someone who wants to buy this powered parachute..' I told him he's never sell that and the people I know fly airplanes that much more practical. None-the-less, I feel a little obligated as his ambassador of all things that fly to at least try and point him in the right direction. I recommended eBay or Craigslist so far. I have not seen it yet but I will take pictures of it when I do. He says that its in great shape and only has 200 hours on it. He is asking $2800. Claims they go for $5k new, I didn't verify that either yet. He asked me if I wanted to buy it, but I told him its not practical enough for me, I can't take my friends to Block Island in it. But if you know anyone who wants a toy to fly around solo for cheap let me know. Or if there is powered parachute club forum or something... No idea how safe these things are, it does have a parachute.. but then again so does a Cirrus ;)

<---<^>--->

I will be interested in seeing this. Please let me know when you get pics and details.

Shane (Otis Air) has a couple threads about flying those things. Might be some interest from that quarter.

Good luck.

There was a guy in the hangar behind me that had one. I saw him out twice in 2 years. Seems floating along at 20 MPH 50' above the treetops would be cool the first three times.

Yeah I have seen it fly before. It takes off and lands in a fairly short distance but doesn't go very fast at all. Its good to be like 'Hey guys look at me I'm flying' and that's about it. Can't bring anyone, can't cover any ground really in a decent amount of time. Wonder what the range is..?

Looks like something a henchman would use to try and kill James Bond with..

<---<^>--->

There are some folks around here that fly 'em along the beach all the time. Add power: go up. Reduce power: go down. Easy peasy.

That's a pretty cheap toy.

There are some folks around here that fly 'em along the beach all the time. Add power: go up. Reduce power: go down. Easy peasy.

That's a pretty cheap toy.

At least on the beach you have ever-changing "scenery" pointing at you and asking you all about it when you land.

Those things are fun. Real flying, for the sake of flight. I get my pancakes and burgers from better than the airport joints and fly for fun.

<---<^>--->

Make / Engine / Chute size & Weight Capacity?

They mostly sit in the shade and yak, waiting for the wind to die down. Then they fly in circles for about 30 minutes until the sun goes down. Then they adjourn to the bar. What's not to like?

Good luck.

They mostly sit in the shade and yak, waiting for the wind to die down. Then they fly in circles for about 30 minutes until the sun goes down. Then they adjourn to the bar. What's not to like?

Some folks don't mind repetition.

GHD.jpg

And it was all filmed in northern Illinois. The outside was Woodstock, IL (home to Dick Tracy) and the interior shots where in a warehouse in my town of Cary, IL.

I was surprised when I learned that. There were telltale scenes that didn't look like Western Pa, but most did.

Apparently they looked at Punxatawney but it didn't suit. Why? I don't know...

Touche. And think this one may have larger than 5 gallon tank which makes it a light-sport requiring a license. Waiting to hear back on the weight too. It is single-seat tho.

<---<^>--->

Hey, nothing wrong with that!

Touche. And think this one may have larger than 5 gallon tank which makes it a light-sport requiring a license. Waiting to hear back on the weight too. It is single-seat tho.

<---<^>--->

Nothing that couldn't be fixed by a new tank...

They have always looked fun, but I never checked out the regs on it. I used to see them cruising along the beach in FL.

Can you get some more info on it? I could seriously be interested.

It needs to haul a 6'3" 250lb being though..

Back