For Sale: Century IIB Autopilot

Joe_KansasCity

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Joe_KansasCity
[FONT=verdana, arial]For Sale: Century IIB Autopilot. Complete system including both Gyros. This unit includes the c[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]onsole[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial], radio coupler, servo, and gyros. The gyros are in great condition (no noise and very minimal precession), so I am going to include them in the sale (unless the buyer already has the appropriate gyros to drive an autopilot). I had initially planned to keep the gyros, but I don’t need a directional gyro, and I only need an attitude indicator for a backup, so it would seem a shame to use this one which has autopilot capabilities. Bottom line is they will be included in the sale of the Century IIB.

This autopilot was installed in my 1970 Arrow in 1991 and was removed last month. It functioned perfectly when removed, and all components were bench checked and tagged by one of the most reputable Century shops in the country…Autopilots Central.

This is the same autopilot as the Piper Autocontroll III which was used by Piper on many models during the 70’s and 80’s. Some believe these units can be installed with only a 337 on aircraft that listed this model of autopilot as an option on the original equipment lists. Others believe they require an STC… You will need to discuss that with your installer. Century will no longer sell and STC for the Autocontroll III units, but will sell and STC (if needed) for a Century IIB. For more information about the STC availability, click HERE

The equipment is as follows:
Attitude Gyro – 5000E-4 s.n. X25251F
Directional Gyro – 4000C s.n. 38028FZ
Radio Coupler – 1C388-M s.n. 10903-G
Console - 1C385-IIB s.n. 1641F
Servo - 1C363-1-183R s.n. K417A

For clarity…this is a single axis autopilot that will track a heading bug, or nav inputs (it was coupled to a GPS and a nav radio previously). Additionally, will track localizers and back courses. It does not include altitude hold.

The package is priced at $2750. If interested, I can be reached at jdyoung@att.net or 913-219-1859
[/FONT]

Back