For Sale - Aspen PFD 1000 Pro

GLMS_NC

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rick
I am upgrading my panel and as a result, I have my Aspen PFD Pro 1000 for sale. This includes the ACU (analog converter unit) which is the analog processor to drive autopilots. Unit will be removed in Feb and will come with proper paperwork.

More info on the Aspen PFD is located here. http://www.aspenavionics.com/products/general-aviation/evolution-1000

My unit is the PRO model. Built in HSI, turn coordinator, attitude, altitude, vertical speed, localizer & glideslope, and speed tapes. Ability to set minimums is a real asset when you want to stay above MSA. Unit just turned three years old and has served me very well.

The pilots guide that describes all the features of this powerful device are located here => http://www.aspenavionics.com/pdfs/EFD1000_PFD_Pilots_Guide_V1.1.pdf

Installation will go in your exiting panel holes currently occupied with your attitude and HSI/directional gyro instruments.

The unit works great, has no issues, and the only reason for selling is I am upgrading to Garmin equipment. I have the unit connected to a Century autopilot, Garmin GPS, and Garmin SL30 nav (secondary nav/com).

The unit sells new for $10,700. I am asking $8,000. This is a great opportunity to get into glass for much less than new.

Do you have manuals to go with unit

I have the pilots guide electronically and in hard cover. The manual is pretty comprehensive.

The installation manual is pretty thick and I have that electronically. This manual includes wiring diagrams for the PFD and the ACU.

Not sure what you flu with today, but if you have never flown behind one, you will be amazed at what the device can do, and the installation requires minimal panel changes (slides into existing 3 1/2 holes).

One pilot commented to me that it takes the typical instrument scan and turns it into an instrument stare.

Our club has one in the Bonanza and the folks that fly ot really like it.

Let me know what you end up doing with this unit if there are no takers. I would like to make you an offer offline. I am doing some upgrades to my mooney in Feb and was considering this upgrade. Was this unit the pilot model and then upgraded or was this sold as a pro model? I also understand that the older pilot model was missing some features.
I am interested / serious buyer. Would like to know the model and the details.
Thanks,
Dimi

Let me know what you end up doing with this unit if there are no takers. I would like to make you an offer offline. I am doing some upgrades to my mooney in Feb and was considering this upgrade. Was this unit the pilot model and then upgraded or was this sold as a pro model? I also understand that the older pilot model was missing some features.
I am interested / serious buyer. Would like to know the model and the details.
Thanks,
Dimi

It was a Pro model right from the factory. I can provide you the serial and you can validate everything about the unit with ASPEN. Never a warranty claim, never repaired, and never had a problem with it. Calibrated perfectly for the last IFR cert that was done.

Regarding an offer, send me a PM and we can talk further. The unit remains for sale.

Last edited:
Back