For Sale: 1976 Cessna 150M - Low Times! - $35,000

Last edited:
I was going to say a G1000

I'd guess he doesn't really want to sell the plane, maybe the wife said list it or something, so he priced it out the park :dunno:

G-1000 isn't a retrofit unit, OEM only. I don't think he's priced out of the park. You can't put a $12,000 150 into that condition and be in it under $35,000 unless you are able to do all the work yourself, and you can't roll the TT hours back to those for any money. The problem with the market is people want exceptional aircraft at bottom of the barrel prices, and that ****s both buyers and sellers as well as ends up diminishing the quality of the planes industry wide. If you can't get good plane money for a good plane, people will quit keeping planes in good condition and just beat the **** out of them and sell them for bottom market.

Last edited:
I was going to say a G1000

I'd guess he doesn't really want to sell the plane, maybe the wife said list it or something, so he priced it out the park :dunno:

I'll take two of these and $5k for fuel :D
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63970

If I go to Controller there are 4 priced higher, including one for $140K. Many are in the $25-30K range. Considering the quality of this one, I don't agree that this is out of the park. Besides I thought we weren't supposed to comment on price, unless invited to do so.:dunno:

If I go to Controller there are 4 priced higher, including one for $140K. Many are in the $25-30K range. Considering the quality of this one, I don't agree that this is out of the park. Besides I thought we weren't supposed to comment on price, unless invited to do so.:dunno:

The 140K one is a Pristine Cessna 195, not exactly a 150.

The other ones are aerobats or 150HP conversions. One of which has a $15,000 GPS in it.

One is listed by a broker who I've never actually seen sell a plane but can point you to multiple planes he's had listed for 3+ years.

For Thirty Five Thousand dollars :goofy:

Think you might need to half the price before you're going to get any bites on that plane

We've already gone through this. Commenting on price in the classifieds is prohibited.

If you think it's took expensive, I suggest you don't buy it.

That might be the cleanest 150 I've seen. I'm currently giving instruction in one that hasn't looked like that since, oh....maybe 1968?!

I'm going to take that one step farther - that's the cleanest plane of its vintage that I've seen. No limiting to 150s. Really nice looking bird, inside and out.

I'm not in the market, and I don't fit well in a 150, but if I were, I'd be looking seriously at that plane.

Man, is that a gorgeous 150. Too bad they were built for mere mortals. :D
I would be shopping an aircraft this clean to flight schools or non profits. :dunno: Couldn't it make either a good leaseback or a great sweepstakes plane?

Think you might need to half the price before you're going to get any bites on that plane

If I were going to sell it for half the price I would ring up an additional 10,000 hours on it, try to get some corrosion, and throw a timed out engine on it. The plane is getting plenty of interest at this price.

To the others, thank you for the compliments!

If I were going to sell it for half the price I would ring up an additional 10,000 hours on it, try to get some corrosion, and throw a timed out engine on it. The plane is getting plenty of interest at this price.

That might make a good raffle candidate plane.

It looks like a great plane to me, and priced accordingly. It might not attract a flight school buyer, but someone out there might be ecstatic to find such a plane in great condition throughout. Good luck with the sale!

It just takes one buyer who wants that plane. Being at the top of a price range excludes a lot of potential buyers, but as long as you find the one guy that is looking for your product, it's a win-win for everyone involved.

My C model was considerably more expensive than most of the others on the market. I could have even purchased an F or low end J for the money, but it was what I was looking for. I couldn't get a mid priced C into its condition and come out cheaper.

After this...

I know where sits an $11K Cessna 150 without a spot of corrosion on it.

...then this...

we get this:

91U will be heading to her new home on Monday.

I somehow doubt it sold for $11,000 or $17,500. Lots of BSers on the board here, but smart buyers understand value of a well preserved plane. Bottom feeders and tirekickers should be ignored.

I somehow doubt it sold for $11,000 or $17,500. Lots of BSers on the board here, but smart buyers understand value of a well preserved plane. Bottom feeders and tirekickers should be ignored.

Yep..I've had two students shop hard and buy 150s in the last year and a half. Both bought for around $15K but both planes were "rode hard and and put up wet" for most of their life and it really shows. $35K is probably on the high side, but you definitely get what you pay for in a used airplane.

I know of someone who spent $20k over a shorter time period than that, but he didn't get a good prebuy.

I know a couple of guys in this boat. ;)

Bought a "nice" 120 but found mice nests and corrosion in the wings. :eek:

After this...

...then this...

we get this:

Way to take things out of context.

My post was in no way a reference to his plane or his price but a counter point to what Henning was preaching. I do know where an $11K C150 sits without a spot of corrosion on it. That's just a statement of fact.

Way to take things out of context.

My post was in no way a reference to his plane or his price but a counter point to what Henning was preaching. I do know where an $11K C150 sits without a spot of corrosion on it. That's just a statement of fact.

Waaah!

Yep..I've had two students shop hard and buy 150s in the last year and a half. Both bought for around $15K but both planes were "rode hard and and put up wet" for most of their life and it really shows. $35K is probably on the high side, but you definitely get what you pay for in a used airplane.

The last really nice 150 I knew, was sold to someone for top dollar who was going to pull the wings off, crate it, and ship it to Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last really nice 150 I knew, was sold to someone for top dollar who was going to pull the wings off, crate it, and ship it to Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have two offers to do that with 34V.

Back