For Bryon, Ron Levy, Tiger folk, and 555Juliet

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
This is the Tiger which will be featured in a soon issue of AOPA Pilot, and for which 555Juliet indicated, previously, that she was the safety pilot for the photo shoot and article authored by Julie Boatman. Bill Crum, Vice. Pres. SALES, and Production Test Pilot is in the cockpit.The photo was taken in Hangar 5 at NAS Brunswick. It received a lot of attention. I had to wait a long time to get the shot without crowds around it.

HR

Thanks for posting that!! Now I wish I'd had a chance to look at the panel. I had to run inside almost literally the moment we got on the ground and call somebody in Illinois. By the time I was done, they were done shooting the panel, and Bill was gone. But it was a nice experience all the same.

555Juliet said:
Thanks for posting that!! Now I wish I'd had a chance to look at the panel. I had to run inside almost literally the moment we got on the ground and call somebody in Illinois. By the time I was done, they were done shooting the panel, and Bill was gone. But it was a nice experience all the same.

I sent the photo to Bill(and qualified that I finally remembered your name - above and beyond the 555juliet reference). I, also, gave them unrestricted use of the photo(with photo credit). It'll be interesting to see if it appears in any of their promotional activities. Bill responded, punctually.

HR

Tigers are GREAT, but at $240K...Ridiculous! Even with the Glass Panel it ain't a $240k A/C. It is so sad. They keep reserecting it only to have it bite the dust several years down the road. I miss my '79.

C-1 PILOT said:
Tigers are GREAT, but at $240K...Ridiculous! Even with the Glass Panel it ain't a $240k A/C. It is so sad. They keep reserecting it only to have it bite the dust several years down the road. I miss my '79.

$240K is cheaper than the Piper, and not a whole bunch more than a glass panel Skyhawk SP. I can't figure how any new ones get sold at those prices!

Joe Williams said:
$240K is cheaper than the Piper, and not a whole bunch more than a glass panel Skyhawk SP. I can't figure how any new ones get sold at those prices!

Better marketing.

Everyone that saw advance notice of a Tiger with a glass panel raise their hand.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Better marketing.

Everyone that saw advance notice of a Tiger with a glass panel raise their hand.

Len

Been on their website a while. I've seen pictures either there, or on an ad in ASO, I can't remember which right now.

Back