For Art Aficionado

BruceAir

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BruceAir
In my experience, the words "aviation" and "art" should appear only rarely in the same sentence. (For evidence, take a slice of brie, and while holding a white wine glass by its stem, wander cerebrally among the offerings at this gallery. QED.)

Yesterday, however, I was at a birthday party, and one of the celebrants was the owner of a gallery in Seattle. She suggested that I might be interested in the work of [font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Virginia Howlett[/font][font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif].

So, in my never-ending efforts to provide links of potential interest to the aviation connoisseur, I offer the following for your consideration.
[/font]

BruceAir said:
In my experience, the words "aviation" and "art" should appear only rarely in the same sentence. (For evidence, take a slice of brie, and while holding a white wine glass by its stem, wander cerebrally among the offerings at this gallery. QED.)

Yesterday, however, I was at a birthday party, and one of the celebrants was the owner of a gallery in Seattle. She suggested that I might be interested in the work of [font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Virginia Howlett[/font][font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif].

So, in my never-ending efforts to provide links of potential interest to the aviation connoisseur, I offer the following for your consideration.
[/font]

Thanks, they're great, even with black coffee...

Very nice.

I could do some damage to my bank account there.

Know of any art sites that are less military and more old days flying?

Last edited:
Sandy Jamieson's been a favorite of mine for a number of years! Love the not-so-subtle sarcasm in his work.

BruceAir said:
[font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]So, in my never-ending efforts to provide links of potential interest to the aviation connoisseur, I offer the following for your consideration.[/font]
OK, I like this. But I like watercolor, the sky and art that is *somewhat* abstract. :yes:

Back