For Anthony's eyes only!

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
Yo, Anthony!

Before the snow started, the wife and I went to the Victory Pub. Ahhh. Cheese steaks and brew! Not just brew but Victory Hop Devil CASK CONDITIONED!

It satisfied the basic nutritional requirements for the four basic food groups --
meat (cheese steak), grease (french fries and cheese steak) potatos (french fries) and beer. Nutrition -- we want nutrition!

Eat your heart out pal :yes:

RotaryWingBob said:
Yo, Anthony!

Before the snow started, the wife and I went to the Victory Pub. Ahhh. Cheese steaks and brew! Not just brew but Victory Hop Devil CASK CONDITIONED!

It satisfied the basic nutritional requirements for the four basic food groups --
meat (cheese steak), grease (french fries and cheese steak) potatos (french fries) and beer. Nutrition -- we want nutrition!

Eat your heart out pal :yes:

Ahhh Bob. You really know how to hurt a guy! :)

However, it was 60 F and sunny hear in the Denver area today and after I washed the Jeep, I put the top down and spent the day in the sun.

Did I hear you guys got a little snow? :D

Seriously, we do miss home, friends, family and the Ludwigs Inn and Victory of course!

Thanks for the thoughts buddy.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Not that I am looking, but cheesesteaks sound WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Nectar from the gods. Just have to learn the "Philly lean" to eat them properly. OK, Bob, Adam, Len et al, gotta back me up on the Philly lean!

Pat's at 2:00 AM anyone?

Is that like the Detroit Lean?

Anthony said:
Nectar from the gods. Just have to learn the "Philly lean" to eat them properly. OK, Bob, Adam, Len et al, gotta back me up on the Philly lean!

Pat's at 2:00 AM anyone?
It's classic -- but cheese-whiz?

Bob,

Are you talking about the Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown? if so that is a great place. 60 deg or great brew hummm great brew lol.

Bob

rmciottijr said:
Bob,

Are you talking about the Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown? if so that is a great place. 60 deg or great brew hummm great brew lol.

Bob
That's the one, Bob :cheers:

rmciottijr said:
60 deg or great brew hummm great brew lol.

Yeah, they don't let us have beer in Colorado. ;)

Next time I'm home we'll all have to do a Victory run.

Bob,

I might be around the airport tomorrow if you are their maybe we can grab a bight to eat at victory. That’s if my plane does not go in for it's annual

Bob

rmciottijr said:
Bob,

I might be around the airport tomorrow if you are their maybe we can grab a bight to eat at victory. That’s if my plane does not go in for it's annual

Bob
Bob -
They are only open for lunch on the weekends. Sorry...

N2212R said:
Is that like the Detroit Lean?

Don't know, never been to Detroit, but I'm going there tonight for some meetings tomorrow. Is there a Detroit version of the cheese steak?

Anthony said:
Don't know, never been to Detroit, but I'm going there tonight for some meetings tomorrow. Is there a Detroit version of the cheese steak?

Anthony,

I know you are kidding with that Detroit version of a cheese steak thing.

Everyone,

Remember this rule...if the menu says Philly Cheese Steak don't order it.

Oh...the Philly lean is how you have to lean over the paper wrapper your cheese steak came in so you don't drip the drippings on your self.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Cheez Wiz on my cheese steak...I like American or provolone cheese with hot peppers and no onions.

Len

LOL. No.

The Detroit Lean is how some of the "persons of darker persuasion" drive their car. Lean the seat as far back as you can so you are looking through the area between the top of the steering wheel and the top of the dashboard. Add one of those "crown" air fresheners in the back window for bonus points.

Len Lanetti said:
In the day I was actually more of Geno's guy...anymore though at 2am I'm probably asleep.

Len. I actually like Geno's or Jim's "King of Steaks" better that Pat's, but Pat's is more well known by people outside Philly.

Yeah, I don't stay up that late anymore, but long ago in a galaxy far away....

Back