For Albuquerque, this is good snow!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Its wet and mushy, and falling fast. I hope it sticks and Albuquerque is brought to its knees (only takes a few inches).

But alas, its Sunday :(

wow - even more impressive is that 2 hours later, it is still dumping snow. I am about 3 minutes from walking out to door to leave work and go home, and I don't know how much snow is out there, but I suspect its gonna be more than one or two inches!

Je suis tres heureux!!

Nick are you talking to yourself again? At least you guys are getting/had snow this winter. I think NC, well in the Raleigh area anyways, saw 1 flake and that was it.

HPNFlyGirl said:
I think NC, well in the Raleigh area anyways, saw 1 flake and that was it.
-SNIP

There's a lot of flakes here Brook but most are walking upright and not falling from the sky :goofy:

SkyHog said:
wow - even more impressive is that 2 hours later, it is still dumping snow. I am about 3 minutes from walking out to door to leave work and go home, and I don't know how much snow is out there, but I suspect its gonna be more than one or two inches!

Je suis tres heureux!!
You're just getting our used hand me down wx. Woke up this morning to 1" of snow at 800 msl. Early this morning the most awesome thunder peal I ever heard. A house shaking sharp BA BOOM followed by a crackling noise right above the house followed by a persistent growl which finally tailed off about :45 seconds later.

Yesterday aftn the clouds parted just enough for me to see the solid black cell just to the east. Evil looking monster with anvil and cirri falling out of that...and then I heard the distinctive sound of a Skywest EMB-120 over in that direction.

SkyHog said:
Its wet and mushy, and falling fast. I hope it sticks and Albuquerque is brought to its knees (only takes a few inches).

But alas, its Sunday :(

I hope it is through with this stuff before Friday Nick. No snow here, just wind, big time wind(gusts close to 60). I got to fly a while yesterday before it started, to get used to the Arrow I'm using for the checkride. I took my local CFI with me, and ran through a bunch of manuevers. He told me I didn't need him and to just go fly. The wife and I were going to try it this morning, but the wind blew all night. Now I am starting to sweat bullets. Work is hell and I am not going to get much time between now and Friday to fly.

Do Your Nice Weather Dance for Me Everyone!!!!
Don

Don Jones said:
I hope it is through with this stuff before Friday Nick. No snow here, just wind, big time wind(gusts close to 60). I got to fly a while yesterday before it started, to get used to the Arrow I'm using for the checkride. I took my local CFI with me, and ran through a bunch of manuevers. He told me I didn't need him and to just go fly. The wife and I were going to try it this morning, but the wind blew all night. Now I am starting to sweat bullets. Work is hell and I am not going to get much time between now and Friday to fly.

Do Your Nice Weather Dance for Me Everyone!!!!
Don
Now, settle down, Mr. Jones. You'll be okay, after all, your CFI said you didn't need him in the cockpit--that'a good sign when your instructor says that.

I don't know what good our wx dances will do. Looking at the jet stream it looks like you're in the SE quadrant of the elbow. You might not get the cold but I think you'll get the wet n windy. But isn't always windy down there?

BTW: the wind event we had the other day--peak gusts 67 kts--and that's not in the mtn passes. Trees and power poles and lots of stuff got blown into the next county.

Back