Food at Gaston's

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
I know we had a post like this last year.... I just skimmed through and didn't see one in here.

I figured a few people would bring a dish that was somewhat unique to their area.
Throw some suggestions out.....
I was thinking maybe about frog legs, but i am sure that quite a few people have had those. I will keep brainstorming.

Just a thought,

Rudy said:
I figured a few people would bring a dish that was somewhat unique to their area.
I'm bringing fresh organic blueberries again this year. Chip didn't want any, so there will be more for everyone else. :D

Rudy said:
I was thinking maybe about frog legs, but i am sure that quite a few people have had those.
Yum, yum! I haven't had any in years! I vote "yes" for frog legs!

I'll bring King Crab legs. Or halibut if I run out of money first. $$$$!

--Kath

Greg Bockelman said:
I haven't heard of Vernor's since I quit going to Michigan with my buddy. :D

I think I have only ever seen it in other other place. About 12 years ago or so in Palm Springs they had some 4 oz sample bottles of it at the store for a quarter or so. Yeah, definitely a taste of Michigan.

kath said:
I'll bring King Crab legs. Or halibut if I run out of money first. $$$$!

--Kath
I definitely can't say no to crab legs. haha

Did anyone actually eat the Lancaster County, PA characteristic shoofly pie? Bring another or leave it at home this time?

Well can't bring hoagies or Cheese Steaks and water ice will melt hmmm. Tastykakes or Philly Soft Pretzels.

Ed Guthrie said:
Did anyone actually eat the Lancaster County, PA characteristic shoofly pie? Bring another or leave it at home this time?

Ed...you put shoes and flies in pie? Heh heh....Just kidding, what is shoofly pie?

93% of the "native" food and drink brought to the fly-in last year ended up with the resort cleaning staff. Of the 150 Moon Pies delivered approximately 142 of them were still in the box the following Monday. Several cartons of sodas also were "donated" .

Lance F's wife made a wonderful buffet that was missed by the majority of the attendees.

There were even several bottles of Eamon's beer left over (can you imagine?).

If you do bring something, just bring a small sample. It's a nice gesture, but it's not practical based on last year's experience. Just kick back and enjoy the weekend. Gaston's is well stocked with a good assortment of beverages. If there's a demand for chips and dip they'll be more than happy to run you in to town or loan you a van.

Besides, after riding with Chip in the Extra you probably won't have much of an appetite...:)

Greg Bockelman said:
I haven't heard of Vernor's since I quit going to Michigan with my buddy. :D

Vernor's makes the best Boston Coolers. The diet version doesn't works so well though.

Is anyone bringing krill? Courtney says she needs to eat too.

Am I the only one who thinks (knows) that Eddie is a jerk???

Back