Folks in Orlando (and Florida) - Watch Out!

MCO is terrible for traveling through. Super long lines all the time. When I have a meeting there I find much easier to drive to Tampa and use their airport.

MCO is terrible for traveling through. Super long lines all the time. When I have a meeting there I find much easier to drive to Tampa and use their airport.

I've had nothing but the opposite experience at MCO. With so many lines, I found the wait time was minimal (less than 5 minutes) and real easy to get through. Of course, when I'm with my dad he's usually in uniform and has his crew id so I go through the flight crew line. Either way, I've never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes at MCO. I thought it was one of the best in the country I had ever gone through.

I've had nothing but the opposite experience at MCO. With so many lines, I found the wait time was minimal (less than 5 minutes) and real easy to get through. Of course, when I'm with my dad he's usually in uniform and has his crew id so I go through the flight crew line. Either way, I've never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes at MCO. I thought it was one of the best in the country I had ever gone through.
Last time I went through I was in line with Former DHS Secretary Tom Ridge. It took us 20 minutes and I got to give him a piece of mind about the whole deal! He probably hated that he had created such a mess just because he had to put up with crap from 'people' when he flew.

All the Florida airport seem to be missing the first class lines. I really hate having to go through the lines with 'regular' people :rofl::rofl:;);)

There are two areas I did not call on CFI jobs... northern Midwest and Florida.

All the Florida airport seem to be missing the first class lines.

That's cause the airports get a kickback - er concession fee - from CLEAR.

If I lived in Orlando, I fear that I would have to sign up for Clear even though the only thing it gets you for your $150/year and background check is the ability to cut in line.

Delta is apparently surveying some of its elite members to see how they would feel about paying for access to the elite/first class line..... BOHICA.

Back