Flying Wild Alaska Series Finale

MBDiagMan

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Doc
What is your take on the sudden ending of Flying Wild Alaska?

Some time ago I read that Jim Tweto did not want to do the show from the beginning, but he did it for his daughter. He seems like a hard working, mild mannered guy who deals with the camera, but doesn't like it.

My guess is that he just got tired of it and maybe even had a bit of a disagreement with someone about the show.

He never said he was retiring. He never said he was selling the airline. I think that what he did say was just something they could all put on TV to gracefully end it.

I believe that we will see more of some part of it in some form, most especially Ariel. I certainly hope so. It was not a perfect show, but we have VERY little on TV about GA.

What's your take on it?

even 'hollywood' buys into the myth that flying is too dangerous. they won't take the risk but yet there are shows like mythbusters where they experiment with explosives and car crashes.

What is your take on the sudden ending of Flying Wild Alaska?

Ariel went to college in Los Angeles. Apparently, she was a producer (i.e., source of money).

Flying Wild LA just doesn't have the same cachet. It wouldn't make very good TV being 10th for landing at VNY and not being able to spot traffic due to the smog. Or hauling around celebrity charters when they don't want their images to be used without being paid a lot.

Look forward to season 1 of 'flying the alaskan bush with somethingandtheother outfitters'.

There will be a spin-off, I suspect it will involve the former era pilot who was featured landing on the glacier in the second to last episode.

Back