Flying W

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
A friend of mine wants a brunch trip tomorrow to a nice airport around the PA-NJ-MD area. What is N14 like? I have heard it is nice, but there is one Airnav comment that disturbs me. Or did someone just wet down his cornflakes?
Any other better places?

I've been there three times, and enjoyed every one. The pattern there on nice summer days can be a zoo, and it attracts some folks who really shouldn't be flying (like the guy who almost hit me making right traffic in the left pattern) - and I'm based at FDK, so you can assume it takes a lot to make me nervous in the pattern.

But the restaurant is nice, the pool/hangout area is fun in the summer too.

Bryon, flying W is a nice spot. lots of things to do in the summer, golf the pool concerts. The restaurant is good but a bit pricey the coffe shop is decent and less expensive. Only been there once but enjoyed my self. Also the new place Mailabooz at KRDG is good.

I'm not a big fan. The restaurant is spotty and the service is gerally slow. I was based there for a few weeks some years ago when VAY had runway contruction. It never seemed to me to be a happy or friendly airport.

My wife and I flew there a couple of months ago for old times sake. Go through the whole cooling down/shutdown procedure, get out of the helo only to find the restaurant was closed for the day. You'd think the FBO could have said something over unicom. Like I said, unfriendly.

We spent a nice day there going to the pool and hanging out. It was neat to be able to swim/lounge around and watch airplanes takeoff and land.

I was there last year. The restuarant was closed but the cafe was open. Lunch was good and everyone seemed nice enough. I just struck up a conversation with anyone that wanted to talk. The airplane shaped pool is kind of neat.

Barb

nice airport...very well maintained...you can spot the airplane shaped pool from the air so you cant miss it or get it confused with south jersey since thier patterns overlap...

I am just a short 15 min flight to there so i go there to eat every once in a while...i dont have any complaints....pattern can get very busy...

There is an old warbird based there that gives rides...dont know exact prices but ive heard its pretty expensive ..looks really fun though!!

Back