Flying to North Fox Island to cook chicken parmesan

When your up there next check out 5d5 over on the tip of Leelanau peninsula! Google the place and a great article on how it got its name: Woosley Memorial- a real early aviation hero. You can camp there too. It’s my favorite.

When your up there next check out 5d5 over on the tip of Leelanau peninsula! Google the place and a great article on how it got its name: Woosley Memorial- a real early aviation hero. You can camp there too. It’s my favorite.

I've seen it on the map, but never flown in there. Thanks for the tip.

Here's my current list:

northern WI/MI
North Fox
Cornucopia
2P2 - Washington Island
3D2 - Ephraim-Gibraltar

IL
9I0 - Havana Rgnl
2C6 - Tri-County

KAEL - Albert Lea Muni (very developed, but has stuff to do in the area)
Tieton state airport
Shanes farm
The Orchard (Jake Friesen)
Wilson Bar
Johnson Creek
Moose Creek
Cabin in Iowa (can't remember where I learned of this one)
Joel's strip
Brodhead
Iola
17A - Trigger Gap Airport
IA21 - Knight Field (Iowa with cabin)
6Y9 - Prickett-Grooms Fld

I've seen it on the map, but never flown in there. Thanks for the tip.

Here's my current list:

northern WI/MI
North Fox
Cornucopia
2P2 - Washington Island
3D2 - Ephraim-Gibraltar

IL
9I0 - Havana Rgnl
2C6 - Tri-County

KAEL - Albert Lea Muni (very developed, but has stuff to do in the area)
Tieton state airport
Shanes farm
The Orchard (Jake Friesen)
Wilson Bar
Johnson Creek
Moose Creek
Cabin in Iowa (can't remember where I learned of this one)
Joel's strip
Brodhead
Iola
17A - Trigger Gap Airport
IA21 - Knight Field (Iowa with cabin)
6Y9 - Prickett-Grooms Fld

I want to hit 2P2 one of these days. I have taken the old Cessna 140 to Johnson’s creek… I’ll have to watch your j creek video too.

I found the article on it. The story of Clinton Woosley really enamored me and I think it’s why it’s one of my favorite spots. We hear coyotes every night we camp there and see lots of wildlife- a walk up the road takes ya to a park where there’s a overlook to see the islands and a natural beach to enjoy. Supposedly a great spot for northern lights viewing too. The field is on the old Woosley farmstead and the building there is made from the foundation of their creamery. Kinda cool to do a sunset hop and see a lighted grass strip.

here’s the article.
https://www.record-eagle.com/archiv...cle_289b7410-04f7-53d2-8f00-8c021b01fa01.html

here’s a pic from there-

65655E23-05B4-46CE-A617-AAA21F65E7FB.jpeg

I’m going to watch your video tonight after work on the TV instead of my phone- did you fly over the shipwrecks by S Manitou? Those are pretty cool!

Last edited:
I’m going to watch your video tonight after work on the TV instead of my phone- did you fly over the shipwrecks by S Manitou? Those are pretty cool!

I have a couple friends that work on great lakes wrecks and preservation. They have told me about several opportunities along those lines. Just gotta find the time to do it.

Woosley article was very interesting. Thanks!

I have a couple friends that work on great lakes wrecks and preservation. They have told me about several opportunities along those lines. Just gotta find the time to do it.

Woosley article was very interesting. Thanks!

you’re welcome- just a cool piece of forgotten aviation history…

the ones by Manitou ya could hit if ya do N Fox again…

447F7013-136E-4907-A4A6-18BA3F1605F6.jpeg

Back