"Flying" magazines available on Google Books !

Armageddon Aviator

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Alon Smolarski
Hi

I just discovered that hundreds of "Flying" magazines are available (free) on Google Books:

http://books.google.co.il/books?id=...issues_r&cad=1&atm_aiy=1940#all_issues_anchor

The collection begins in the 1930's...

Enjoy the nostalgia ! :D

tumblr_lv11dec5Cp1qf71bqo1_1280.jpg

Mine came out in a non-English language (????) that doesn't use the alphabet. I want to say a Middle Eastern language (definitely not Asian).

What happened?

All the drop down menus are still in Hebrew on the site link you provided. I was trying to extract that "YIPEE" plane since it was so cute.

Yeah, you can click on the individual decades (and then years) on that link. Not all issues are present - I was disappointed to see the first Flying magazine I received, the January '85 issue, wasn't there - but there's certainly enough reading material there to kill some time!

I thought I was being clever by replacing "co.il" on the original link with .com. This link should work:

http://books.google.com/books/about/Flying_Magazine.html?id=VT7C_Y4Wm54C

Oh look... an article by J. Mac saying the FAA needs to:

- Increase standardization of the interaction with GA, including differences between FSDOs.
- Address the high cost of aircraft maintenance, mainly by allowing more owner-performed maintenance.
- Reconsider the 3rd Class Medical requirements.
- Make certification of new technology faster for light aircraft.
- And mentions a lack of interest in GA at the FAA.

And then heads off into the usual "There's going to be a pilot and mechanic shortage in two years!" and that Congress was studying how to fix it...

... all of the above, brought to you... in December 1993.

Lots and lots of progress since then, eh? Yay FAA. :mad2:

Why did I even click on it... why...?

Yup.. I read the 1991 issue that discusses high fuel prices and if it will effect flying habits!

Thanks for the links everyone, very cool collection!

Last edited:
Back