Flying in Woodstock Georgia

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
There is a good chance I will be relocated to Woodstock. Anyone have any knowledge of any flying clubs in the vicinity. (Within 25 miles)

Thanks

There is a good chance I will be relocated to Woodstock. Anyone have any knowledge of any flying clubs in the vicinity. (Within 25 miles)

Thanks

Whenever I've looked this is the only one I've found that's not affiliated with a flight school.

http://lgeflyingclub.org/index.html

There is also a bonanza club out of PDK, but I believe it is more of a partnership than a club.

I use the FBO at Canton for my maintenance, they don't rent airplanes that I know of, but you could call Keena Pope 678-454-2090 and ask her about any clubs. She's a pilot and runs the office for S&S Aviation at the airport. They have great fuel prices compared to where I am based in Atlanta and they are a real good bunch of folks! :D

Welcome to the area. I don't know of any flying clubs, but Cherokee County (KCNI) will likely be your closest airport. Next closest would probably be McCollum (KRYY), a nice metropolitan Class D with a good restaurant and plenty of airplane rentals on the field. Check with the guys at Superior (www.SuperiorFlight.com).

I didn't find any clubs when I got back to flying a couple years ago.
Ended up getting into a partnership instead.

Welcome to the area.

not sure about clubs but definitely go to barnstormers eatery and museum just sw of atlanta. brand new and shiny.

Thanks everyone.
The opportunity did not come my way, they chose another. :mad2::mad2:
Sorry you lost that one, but maybe it is for the better. Now you can look for something in Daytona and partner up with me and Leslie in our Bonanza. Yeah, we sold the 172 for something that can go 165kts. :yes: And the CHTs never exceed 400 like the 172 did. :D

Thanks

Hmmmm..

Someone is going to be playing at Road Atlanta....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry you lost that one, but maybe it is for the better. Now you can look for something in Daytona and partner up with me and Leslie in our Bonanza. Yeah, we sold the 172 for something that can go 165kts. :yes: And the CHTs never exceed 400 like the 172 did. :D

That would be awesome!
We keep hoping something will come our way. Or we will retire back there!

Back