Flying in to Airventure on Sunday?

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
Is it even a big deal at all by then? Still have to fly the notam? I know, the notam probably answers some of my question, but I haven't read it yet as I wasn't planning on flying in, but I might do it on Sunday for various reasons. Just curious if it's mostly departures, or mostly dead completely, or what?

Next part of the question.... How much of a pain in the neck is it going to be to get in and then back out again the same day. I just realized I'd have to wait for an airshow to finish assuming there is one on Sunday. Ok, I haven't done any proper research on this yet. lol

After writing the post, I'm figuring it's not worth the hassle to go in just for a couple hours. It'd probably take me an hour to get from aircraft parking to the exhibit hangar, and another hour to get back to the plane again.... and then there's the airshow to work around.... just thinking out loud now.

Sunday of airventure is really the worst day. So many planes have left, the exhibitors are brain dead and just want to leave, not many forums. The air show runs from 1:00-4:30. If I was going for the day I'd try yor at least do Saturday.

On the bright side, you'd have the Fisk arrival all to yourself.

Sunday of airventure is really the worst day. So many planes have left, the exhibitors are brain dead and just want to leave, not many forums. The air show runs from 1:00-4:30. If I was going for the day I'd try yor at least do Saturday.

on the bright side, you'd have the Fisk arrival all to yourself.
I've been driving in to the show all week for pleasure. I have to go in on Sunday to do a couple hours work in an exhibition hangar, not to see the sights. Debating wether or not to fly in just for that. I'd really only do it to say I did it. No real need to do it.

BTW, if you’d like to defray some expense on the return trip, and maybe have a copilot, @Flocker is looking for a ride. You’d need to overfly the Atlanta area and let him bail out.

Of course, that won’t work if you decide to fly the Cavalon home.

Notam still applies. GAP, they may put you by Basler and make you bus it because thems the rules, which would be a pain. Flying is always more fun regardless.

Sorry Flocker, if I were here by myself I could get you home, but with the wife along, it’s not really my circus, I just work here, if you know what I mean. Doesn’t help that I took out seats for the trip.

Is it even a big deal at all by then? Still have to fly the notam? I know, the notam probably answers some of my question, but I haven't read it yet as I wasn't planning on flying in, but I might do it on Sunday for various reasons. Just curious if it's mostly departures, or mostly dead completely, or what?

Next part of the question.... How much of a pain in the neck is it going to be to get in and then back out again the same day. I just realized I'd have to wait for an airshow to finish assuming there is one on Sunday. Ok, I haven't done any proper research on this yet. lol

After writing the post, I'm figuring it's not worth the hassle to go in just for a couple hours. It'd probably take me an hour to get from aircraft parking to the exhibit hangar, and another hour to get back to the plane again.... and then there's the airshow to work around.... just thinking out loud now.

Ok

I thought you were out of town?

Have been staying in Fond du lac and driving in.

Back