flying in europe

magyarflyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
magyarflyer
planning a few days in europe
any one knows of a rental 172 or similar? Planning London-paris-munich-wels,budapest and back
cannot find a rental lead
usa license only
any ideas?

First of all you will find it quite difficult flying in Europe. The whole world follows a set of rules for aviation, except the USA. For some unknown reason we have to change everything rather than following the rules that we helped develop. I would pick up a CFI and fly with him for a while and see how it feels.

If you file IFR on every flight you will be fine, take a look at a VFR chart and try and understand it.

USA license is legal in Europe (for now) for day VFR flying. I only know rentals a few hours north from London so not sure how flexible you are with that.
To be actually safe and proficient, you need to read up on EASA rules, EuroGA is a good resource. Airspace can be tricky. For example, look and plan how you would cross Belgium.

Is anyone going to rent to you for a long cross country like that?

Renting is easy. I can give 2 places in the UK that will rent you a plane with no daily mins. Other has 2 Saratogas and a few newish Archers, other all sorts of Cessnas and Pipers.

It's not clear to me if the OP intends to do that trip as an aviation XC or if that is simply his prearranged travel itinerary and he just wants to do some flying while in one or more of those cities.

i have flown vfr in europe already so i am familiar with the territory and rules
london is fine, would appreciate the name in uk for the available airplanes. I have rented a 172 from paris and done france, spain and switzerland, and another from germany, austria and hungary without problems but eventually brought the airplane back to usa in a container
thanks for the suggestions

Back