Flying east from KBJC

GauzeGuy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GauzeGuy
I did a checkout at BJC a few days ago and flew out to KHUT today.

So, question for the BJC folks here -- is there a good way to get set up for a Bravo transition to go direct or is it just going to depend on time of day, etc? I got the "remain VFR clear of class bravo" this time, no biggie but it adds on to the trip a bit.

That's one nice thing about APA, I can get on course immediately and TRACON usually will give me a climb to 9500 right away.

I did a checkout at BJC a few days ago and flew out to KHUT today.

So, question for the BJC folks here -- is there a good way to get set up for a Bravo transition to go direct or is it just going to depend on time of day, etc? I got the "remain VFR clear of class bravo" this time, no biggie but it adds on to the trip a bit.

That's one nice thing about APA, I can get on course immediately and TRACON usually will give me a climb to 9500 right away.

Not much you can do but ask. You could try CD at BJC prior to taxi. Otherwise set up to stay under the Bravo and south of I-70. Make sure there isn't a Rockies game. Buckley never has denied me use of their airspace. Sometimes they do restrict you to north of Colfax. If they do have traffic its usually quick.

Last edited:
unless it happens to be a very slow time at DIA I would expect they will keep you out of BRAVO most of the time. Even when I have filed IFR to the east, they usually keep me pretty far north and low. I would plan to just fly below bravo to the North or take the I70 route and talk to Buckley. They also have never denied me. often returning to BjC from the east they will take me over Buckley to metro, Where are you based? stop by thanger 150 if you are in the BJC area.

Okay, cool. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on a secret handshake or something. Thanks!

I just got checked out on Rocky Mountain's 172n's. Still will be flying out of APA upon occasion as well.

Back