Flying during the 4th of July fireworks?

Darsh

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Darsh
My buddy wants to go up during the fourth of july fireworks and watch them from above. Considering there are no TFR's in the area, I assume it's legal. I was more worried about losing night vision and getting disoriented. Any experience with this please advise.

My buddy wants to go up during the fourth of july fireworks and watch them from above. Considering there are no TFR's in the area, I assume it's legal. I was more worried about losing night vision and getting disoriented. Any experience with this please advise.

I have been doing that for years..... never had any issues with night vision...:no:

Ben.

I'd be more concerned about "See and Avoid" and not having some other pilot blunder into my flight path.

I'd be more concerned about "See and Avoid" and not having some other pilot blunder into my flight path.

My friend took us up once, he didn't see much of the show. He, in fact, drafted me to help scan. Our wives thought it was great :D

Fireworks are designed to be viewed from the ground. They really do look better from the ground.

Fireworks are designed to be viewed from the ground. They really do look better from the ground.
^^^^ see above. I've done it and it was cool to see displays for miles around but the view is much better below.

But seeing them from the sky for the first time is cool. Just like seeing rain from the sky for the first time.

Back