Flying club share for sale - KOFP (Richmond, VA)

VA Aviator

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
VA Aviator
Flying club share for sale - KOFP (Richmond, VA) (SOLD)

Share has been sold!

First - in the interest of full disclosure this is not *my* share for sale.

Central VA Flyers Flying Club is a 10 member flying club based at Hanover county airport in central Virginia. Established in 2004, the sole aircraft is N787AT, a 1976 Cessna 172N.

N787AT features:
AFTT 5,000 hrs
180 HP Penn Yan conversion (990 hrs smoh)
Garmin GNS430
Garmin SL30
Web based scheduling
Relatively light usage - Flew approx 100 hours last year

Billing is done on a monthly basis. Billing is tach time WET.
Montly dues, flat rate - $175 per month regardless of hours flown
Each hour up to three hours - $50/hour
Each hour after that - $100/ hour.

To simplify -
Fly 1 hour - monthly bill $225
Fly 2 hours - $275
Fly 3 hours - $325
Fly 4 hours - $425
Fly 5 hours - $525
etc etc

The asking price is $5,000.

Contact me for more information. I will add photos later in the week as I get them.

12454_zpseef68c59.jpg

Last edited:
Someone has been touching the Garmin screen. Tell them to knock it off. Hahaha.

Someone has been touching the Garmin screen. Tell them to knock it off. Hahaha.

We just had two members complete their instrument rating in the past year. I have a feeling that was responsible for most of the screen touching ;)

Always interesting in reading about clubs. Curious though why the cost goes up the more hours you fly vs just a flat per hour rate?

Always interesting in reading about clubs. Curious though why the cost goes up the more hours you fly vs just a flat per hour rate?

i'm guessing here.

Perhaps it is to encourage members to actually go up for those 3 hours. I see it more as the monthly dues include a non refundable 50% deposit on 3 hours of flying per month.

You could also think of it this way. As long as you fly at least 3 hours a month, its $25 monthly dues and $100/hr wet. Seems like a pretty decent deal.:dunno:

i'm guessing here.

Perhaps it is to encourage members to actually go up for those 3 hours. I see it more as the monthly dues include a non refundable 50% deposit on 3 hours of flying per month.

You could also think of it this way. As long as you fly at least 3 hours a month, its $25 monthly dues and $100/hr wet. Seems like a pretty decent deal.:dunno:

This is the idea. It's a balance between fixed costs and actual hourly operating costs.

The way it is officially written is that you pay for 3 hours of "dry" time every month regardless of usage at $50/hr. This counts towards your first 3 wet hours so you need only pay the fuel difference at $50 per hour.

After your 3 hours it is $100 per hour, wet.

There is also a $25/month assessment currently for loan pay-down.

Back