Flying Club Share for Sale - C172 - Central VA (KOFP)

VA Aviator

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
VA Aviator
Withdrawn, decided not to sell.

Last edited:
100hr dry?

Valuing the plane at $50k, what are the times?

He said 100 is wet, not dry.

That plane is probably easily worth 50k given the engine conversion and it having a 430W, assuming it's not run out.

Missed the wet part, still wondering about why the times were not listed

Usage is billed by the tach hour, wet.

No time was given as I don't have any "hard" numbers available at the moment - but to provide a "rough estimate," the last update I received on the times was a little over a year ago. In March 2015, total time was around 4,988 and about 990 on the Penn Yan "zero time" factory rebuilt engine. We seem to average about 100 hours a year, so if I had to guess the current times, I would put AFTT at approximately 5,100 and time on the engine at 1100, give or take.

The 100 hours/year is one of the reasons why availability is great.

Nice bird wish it was on my side of the country, I would want to know if it had an engine reserve being saved.

10 people only putting 100h/yr on her? Ouch. I do that at a minimum by myself in mine (a 76 M). Why don't the members fly more?

Nice bird wish it was on my side of the country, I would want to know if it had an engine reserve being saved.

Right now the focus is on getting the loan paid off which should happen in the next year or two. After that, the funds that were devoted to the loan will be diverted to the engine.

10 people only putting 100h/yr on her? Ouch. I do that at a minimum by myself in mine (a 76 M). Why don't the members fly more?

Probably 4 of the members are the most active, another 2 or 3 not as much so, and 2 or 3 completely inactive.

Back