Flying a 2 ship with a buddy.

Gary Ward

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Challenger1
Greg and I fly together often just for fun. Greg is a long time check airmen and captain for a major airline. So he is gone a lot but when he has time off we always make time to fly. We have been to many airport together just checking them off our list. WE fly in each other planes sometimes and most times we take both. He is my hangar neighbor and we hang out at the hangar often even if we can't fly. We grilled out last night when we got back. Love life at the airport.

Tonight we plan to fly his cherokee to his final airport in Indiana. He started many years ago landing at every airport in Indiana, his home state. I have been lucky enough to fly with him to many of them the last 3 years. Tonight should be the final airport in Huntington Ind.
Last night we did a little local flying and took some pictures.
IMG_0990.JPG

He is turning base to land at a airport.
IMG_0985.JPG

Got a couple shots of his landing. We/he is always working on our landings, even though he has 25000+hrs. He pointed out how much different a 737 landing verses his cherokee . I love flying with him, I learn so much.
IMG_0997.JPG

There was some light rain all around us but that did not keep us on the ground.
IMG_0999.JPG

Today I flew with Greg to his last airport on his list to land at in Indiana. I know it has been done a thousand times but I think it is pretty cool. He learned to fly in Indiana 40 years ago. It only took him 40 years to get around to landing at all paved public airports. lol And a few turf airports as well.

Good reason to fly today.
IMG_1012.JPG

We flew both of our planes. My dog went too like always.
IMG_1008.JPG

Then we went up to Benton harbor to checkout a park we in were at last weekend in our RV along the beach.
IMG_1035.JPG

We flew up there mostly at 6500 over the clouds. We came back 7000 IFR.
IMG_1045.JPG

4.2 today and .7 IMC. Had a good time with a flying buddy.
IMG_1047.JPG

Back