Fly in questions for Stephenville, Texas

T

Texasrider

I am not sure if I am able to post these questions for the sake of advertising on here. If it is wrong I am very sorry but I am hoping it will be alright to do so.

This weekend was the first time to rent a vacation rental of our big cabin. The folks were awesome and completely loved it. I am trying to find other avenues to bring in visitors. There was an article in our local business paper about the expansion of Clark Field Municipal in Stephenville, TX. It gave me an idea of a fun place to fly in.

The airport is not even a mile from Hoof Prints Ranch. Hard 8 BBQ is already a fun place to fly in. They leave golf carts at the airport and you drive them to the BBQ place and then back to the airport when your done.

I would like to take it a step further and after they are done with their BBQ, I will pick them up and take them to Hoof Prints Ranch, give them either their own small cabin or a room in the large cabin, feed them a delicious breakfast in the morning and them drive them back to the airport.

My husband and I love to entertain and cater. We are fun and active and both have a great sense of humor. Anyway.... Do you think $310 is fair? This would be per couple and we can accommodate up to 8 couples at one time, as of right now. Hoof Prints Ranch is very beautiful and tranquil. Ponds, trees, horses and grass We would pick them up and drop them off.... What do you think, is this something that seems cool.... not good enough? Any help would be great. Thanks

First, welcome to PoA -- glad to have you here. Second, this is a perfectly good question to ask here -- nothing wrong with market research in your target market. Finally, $310 per couple for one night over and breakfast sounds a bit steep to me unless there are some fairly ritzy amenities or other activites included, like horseback riding (maybe a guided trail ride) or something.

You saying you would pay extra if there's a guarantee you won't have to ride a horse?

First, welcome to PoA -- glad to have you here. Second, this is a perfectly good question to ask here -- nothing wrong with market research in your target market. Finally, $310 per couple for one night over and breakfast sounds a bit steep to me unless there are some fairly ritzy amenities or other activites included, like horseback riding (maybe a guided trail ride) or something.

Welcome to POA! I love the idea of a cabin place to stay at KSEP; I already fly in there for BBQ at the Hard 8 often!

I too think $310 is steep, but perhaps if you post more information about your cabin, the amenities, pictures, etc., it could help make the price seem more reasonable.

For what it's worth, I paid $125/night for these VERY nice new cabins on Possum Kingdom Lake, and I thought the price was fair. Much over that, though, and you might adversely affect occupancy levels.

http://www.crystalbayonpk.com/

Thanks everyone for the help.

Here is a link to the site
http://www.hoofprintsranch.com/htdocs/rentalhomes.html

Here is some photos of Hoof Prints Ranch
http://www.hoofprintsranch.com/htdocs/theRiders.html

If you like to fish, we have two stocked ponds and provide poles and tackle.

I don't have the horses for trail riders but I have thought of it. I can however, teach you how to barrel race:eek:)

I have been getting a lot of overnight cabin rentals but this will be the first for the Bed N Breakfast type. I am pretty excited about it.

There are two ways to stay here. One would be in your own individual cabin that has all the amenities needed. Bedding, fridge, stove top, microwave, Dish Satellite, DSL, air conditioner/heater.... better than a motel and we could bring breakfast to you.

Or...

A room in the big cabin. There are three rooms/three bathrooms, two of the rooms are king beds and then a double bed. All high quality mattresses and linen. There is a media room, den, living room and dining room. Plus it is really beautiful to look out the kitchen/dining room window or sit on the big back porch under the oak trees.

Should I make them the same price or more for you own cabin?
So do you think $125 is fair?
You will get picked up and dropped off at the airport and breakfast in the morning.
What if someone wanted to stay a couple nights?
I was wondering what I should charge if they stayed a couple nights because then they would need a car.... should I rent them a car? I do have an extra... what would I charge and am I allowed to do that?... sorry for all the questions but you guys are a great help, since you have been there done it already.

I have decided on $150 per couple, providing transportation and feeding an excellent meal for breakfast.

Hoof Prints Ranch is really a neat place to visit and you can sit in the kitchen and watch the sun rise or enjoy it even more from the back porch.

And... if you are into flying, planes, aviation.... you can watch them land and take off. Even watch the sky divers.... I am always picking up colorful string in my pasture:eek:)

OK, thank you for your help and be sure if you have any suggestions to please let me know, you can email me at hoofprintsranch@gmail.com

Take care,
Tandi

That's a fair rate, Tandi! I'll try to get down there sometime. Thanks for the info!

Thanks Tango, I appreciate your input. I am excited since we are so close to the airport, this should be fun. I am going to call the skydiving place tomorrow since they are always looking like they want to land in our pasture... maybe they will stay for breakfast too.
Take care,
Tandi

Back