Fly Boys

Looks quite cool. I am puzzled by one thing, though: It is based on the true story of Lafayette Escadrille, but when I read the story outline I didn't see any mention of Raoul Lufberry. It's been a while since I have read any WWI aviation history, but wasn't he one of it's top aces? And wasn't he the one who came to a dramatic end because he swore he would never burn, and he would jump before he died that way? They might have him in there as a character, I just thought he might be a main character of some import. Or maybe this story takes place after Lufberry's death... We'll see. I won't be missing this one, though. It's an opening-dayer.

EAA announced it would be presented at Airventure this year.

The movie FLYBOYS, set for theatrical release across the nation on September 29, 2006, will debut in unique fashion with a special screening at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, "The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration," on the evening of Wednesday, July 26. The film's producers are calling the event the "aviation-world premiere" of the movie.

http://www.airventure.org/2006/news/060713_flyboys.html

There's also an article about the filming of the movie in the June/July 2006 issue of Air & Space magazine.

Back