Fltplan vs Foreflight

You're 100% sure FLTPlan will not work with a Stratus 2? I thought it connects via wifi and all you had to do was use the customize external and enter the port number the stratus uses.

It's not listed as a supported device within the App, but if there's a hack to emulate a supported device then I guess, sure...

I'm guessing FLTPlan isn't available for Europe? I noticed a few have mentioned a supplement for Canada but no mention of other countries. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a good one for Europe (specifically Norway, but guessing any european app would include it).? Even if it is POA, I'm sure some of you fly or have flown in Europe as well, so I don't feel bad asking about this :)

I use a hybrid for the best of both worlds. Fltpln for planning an filing, ForeFlight in the cockpit.

Things I like about Fltpln:

- As others have said the planning accuracy seems to be much better

- Previous routes and such seem better and more complete

- Way easier to manage a pool of upcoming flights

- The plan printout is much better with a lot more info in a more efficient layout (even with the adverts) than what happens if you try to print out your nav log. I use the iPad mostly in flight with FF but I always have a paper printout from FltPln

- Various other little features like being able to automatically fax the FBO at your destination with your flight details. I've seen people at the FBOs with my fax so they definetly use it to know I'm coming. Helps having people know I'm arriving and will want fuel at a certain time without having to make calls.

Back